Corsair Community

iCUE seemingly can't control Corsair fans

Vicatoren

I've just recently built a new PC, and I'm trying to make it more quiet by making custom fan curves in iCUE. The issue I'm having is, no matter what I do, the fans are spinning way faster than they should be (about what they should be doing at 70 degrees when the CPU is idling at 32). Are there any common things that I may be doing wrong? Does anyone know of a good fix? I've tried changing the sensor, but it isn't really working. Edited by Vicatoren

I have the fans plugged into a fan hub that came with my case (they came plugged in to it). I've moved their RGB headers over to a commander pro since iCUE can't adjust the RGB on the rgb hub that the fans came plugged into.

Here's the fan curve that I have right now, I've got it set to the GPU temp since that seems the most stable. https://imgur.com/a/2xjs7z2

Edited by Vicatoren

• Corsair Employees

You are saying the fan speed can't be can't be controlled but you are referring to the RGB connectors in your last statement. The fans have two connectors each. One is the RGB connector which is what was prewired to the Lighting Node Core and is purely for RGB control and power. The other cable is the PWM cable which you have not mentioned anything about. What exactly are you plugging the PWM cable from the fans into? Also there should have been no need to remove the RGB cables from the included Lighting Node Core that came with the case.

Edit: Also that screenshot doesnt really provide any information other than you set a curve. You would need to provide a screenshot showing the entirety of the icue software with the curve set.

Edited by Corsair Notepad

@Vicatoren - You have missed one important step... you haven't set your fans to use your custom curve. Currently, each fan is using the default baked-in "Quiet" curve which is using the CPU temperature as the source sensor.

I assume you want the fans shown in your last image to be controlled by the 3070 temperature - right? If so, you need to left-click each of the fans (whilst the "Custom" curve is highlighted on the left). Doing so will display a yellow border around each fan you clicked on signifying that it is using the "Custom" curve.

Edited by BlaiseP

• Corsair Employees
In the screenshot you provided you created the curve but you never set it to the fans as you can see in the main screen where each fan is still set to QUIET. If you want them to run at your custom curve you will need to keep your custom curve highlighted and then click where it says FAN #1/2/3 in the main part of the iCUE window to tell the software you wish to make those fans run with that curve. Also that is a Commander Pro not a fan hub.