Corsair Community

Introducing MP600 CORE, MP600 PRO, MP600 PRO Hydro X

Corsair Albert

• Corsair Employees
Hey everyone,

Today we’ve got some of the fastest SSDs to hit the market – the MP600 CORE, MP600 PRO, and MP600 PRO Hydro X. Though packed with blazing fast sequential read and write speeds, these PCIe Gen4 x4 m.2 2280 SSDs are equipped to keep their cool. Here are a few quick highlights:

• Utilizes PCIe Gen4’s untapped potential with up to 7,000MB/s sequential read and 6,550MB/s sequential write (MP600 PRO/PRO HXE)
  • Equipped with an aluminum heat spreader (MP600 CORE/PRO) or Hydro X Series XM2 Water Block (MP600 PRO HXE), heat is dispersed to assist these drives in keeping up with need for speed
  • Endurance that will reliably store your data through years of use, backed by our comprehensive five-year warranty for peace of mind

Click the following for more information: MP600 CORE, MP600 PRO, MP600 PRO HXE. We’ve put together a quick comparison chart & FAQ below.

1246159723_ComparisonChart.thumb.png.b49fba90d29b45d3473396e3f315f98f.png 

Q: Is there any utility software?

A: Yes, there is the CORSAIR SSD Toolbox software available for download and allows advanced drive controls, such as secure erase and firmware updates.

Q: How do I know if my system is compatible?

A: If your motherboard’s or laptop’s specifications mentions a connector/socket for a Type 2280, PCIe 4.0 x4 or 3.0 x4 M.2 then you’re on the right path! For fitment concerns, please double-check with your manufacturer. Installation into a laptop may require heatsink removal, potentially affecting performance.

Q: Do I have to enable anything in BIOS for full speed?

A: Not always - but if necessary please refer to your motherboard's user manual or check in with your motherboard's manufacturer.

Q: Is there any performance difference between using this in a PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 system?

A: If used in a PCIe 3.0 system, speeds will be limited to PCIe 3.0’s constraints.

Let us know if you guys have any more questions! Any thoughts on these new speedy SSDs?

• Corsair Employees
Some questions about how the cache is structured on the MP600 Pro:

1) What is the size of the DRAM cache on the MP600 Pro 2TB model?

2) Is all available free space used as Dynamic SLC Cache?

Thanks for your questions, rasmuan!

1) 2048MB

2) Yes, however as the drive fills with data, the SLC portion dynamically adjusts (shrinks). That capability cannot be specified, adjusted or prioritized. It’s all done automatically by the firmware.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Love the drive! I had an MP600 (still have it, just for Games/Data now) and got an MP600 Pro ...

It's amazingly fast..

Question, why does SSD Toolbox not allow me to overprovision the drives?

Overprovisioning is not available because we only support 1 NVMe namespace, which is very common in client SSD devices.

I am facing heating problem temperature is around 40-50 degree Celsius with MP600. Any suggestion how can I reduce it?

You're within the MP600's operating temperature of 0°C to 70°C - so there's not necessarily a heating issue there.

If your system's case allows additional fans, you can configure the airflow to provide a cooler ambient temperature.

• 3 weeks later...

I am making a ASUS/Corsair build, i wanted a 500 and 2 TB version of these SSD's in my PC.

Just before i ordered i noticed my mainboard allready has M.2 heatsinks on it, and if i remove them i am still not sure the heatsinks of the MP600 are gonna be in the way.

I have the ASUS X570E-gaming and im affraid the huge IO cover with ROG RGB is gonna be in the way of the first M.2

I am trying to ask help on ASUS community but for some reason the site does not send me a mail when i am trying to recover my password.

Maybe anyone here know if the MP600 (with heatsink on it) is gonnna fit into my board?

Is it safe to just remove the Corsair heatsinks and use the M.2 heatsinks included with the X570E?

You can see the x570e M.2 heatsinks/slots here at 8:20:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Technobeard
fixed link

• Corsair Employees
I am making a ASUS/Corsair build, i wanted a 500 and 2 TB version of these SSD's in my PC.

Just before i ordered i noticed my mainboard allready has M.2 heatsinks on it, and if i remove them i am still not sure the heatsinks of the MP600 are gonna be in the way.

I have the ASUS X570E-gaming and im affraid the huge IO cover with ROG RGB is gonna be in the way of the first M.2

I am trying to ask help on ASUS community but for some reason the site does not send me a mail when i am trying to recover my password.

Maybe anyone here know if the MP600 (with heatsink on it) is gonnna fit into my board?

Is it safe to just remove the Corsair heatsinks and use the M.2 heatsinks included with the X570E?

You can see the x570e M.2 heatsinks/slots here at 8:20:

The MP600 with its heatsink attached shouldn't have any problem fitting to the top slot (above top PCIe slot). Otherwise, it is safe to remove the heatsinks - just be careful when doing so. You'll undo a tab on each corner.

Make sure to keep the heatsinks for warranty purposes, as well.

I miss RGB on the water block!

We've never released a RGB M.2 SSD before, but your input is noted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 8:23 PM, Corsair Albert said:

We've never released a RGB M.2 SSD before, but your input is noted

While you are at it, we miss an RGB RAM waterblock too.