Corsair Community

Backup App Data messed with iCUE and made AIO disappear

lumpofdeformity

Hi guys,

I recently had to do a fresh install of W10. Whenever I do that, I back up the App Data folder for apps I care about. After installing iCUE on the fresh install with the recovered App Data, my Hydro H100i AIO disappeared from the device list.

The 3 remaining devices are present and fully functional. I can even change the AIO RPMs using the H115 demo. Nothing has changed hardware-wise, the AIO appeared in iCUE normally until the fresh install.

I'm pretty sure the App Data is the culprit but reinstalling iCUE and manually removing the faulty App Data didn't help. Another clue I can give is that upon opening iCUE for the first time on the fresh OS I heard the device connected and device disconnected sounds in quick succession. A driver problem perhaps?

I don't know what to do, I'd appreciate your help :)

P.S.: logs attached below

P.S. 2: I'm disabled and so plugging it out of the mobo and back in is kinda a big hurdle for me. If that's the only solution, I can call a friend but avoiding that would be preferable :)

logs.zip

Edited by lumpofdeformity

I would make sure you have all your relevant MB drivers re-installed after the new Windows install. Chipset drivers usually have some USB functionality and that seems to be the issue. If there is a problem with the App Data folder the usual results are instant app crash or it loads a blank slate, like the profile isn't there. Selectively not detecting a device is something else and the app data for it is really any saved fan curves you've made for the H100i.

• Corsair Employees

You will need to perform a clean uninstall and install of the ICUE software by following the instructions in the link below. After you do that DO NOT import the appdata folder as that is the obvious cause of the problem.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-