Corsair Community

Dominator RAM temperature warning effect override

HiTach

I have a lighting effect for my Dominator RGB Platinum RAM set to Rain, with green and white creating a Matrix like visual, nice.

I want to add a RAM temperature warning, for 50, 55, 60 degrees, yellow to red, just to the ram (Ideally just to some of the ram lights, say the top row).

I don't want to use Lighting Link, which affects all LED devices in my chassis.

With the RAM, it overrides the Rain effect immediately, and affects all LEDs on a stick.

I do have a temperature warning set in RAM Notifications, but it affects ALL LEDs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Using latest iCue and firmware on Windows 10.

• Corsair Employees
You will need to make sure you have full software control enabled, and do some layering effects. I did a rough mock up of what I am describing based on what you made it seem like you did with the profile. If you notice the layer for the temperature effect is below the rain effects. This puts it under the rain effect on the screen. If you are ok with losing an LED or 2 for the effect then you can have it as the top layer.

iCUELayers.thumb.jpg.ef8838cdd9403165652edf7e5dcd8700.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Can I get the same effect - temperature color warning indicator on the Corsair logo - on my K70 RGB Mk.2 keyboard?

You would have to utilize the LIGHTING LINK Temperature effect and then you would have to go to each RGB device and deselect the effect on the devices you didn't want it to be active on. This mean that each device will have that lighting effect set but it won't be active on any LEDs with the exception of your Corsair Logo on the keyboard.

If you have our RGB DRAM you will have it keep it in full software control mode though. If you don't due to the nature of how hardware lighting profiles work for RGB memory the effect will be the Temperature effect all the time. But as you can see in the screenshots I setup an effect to read the temp of one of my devices and it is only set to display on the Corsair logo of my K70 Mk2 RGB keyboard.

tempss1.thumb.jpg.a5159b11e7870471a220ac7b17c29730.jpg

tempss2.thumb.jpg.0a65ddab94782f528b7a2bb5aafcc574.jpg

tempss3.thumb.jpg.5f59c183fd8b8e3cc85be12540e59d30.jpg

tempss4.thumb.jpg.f09061228488f8cf83f9f1443bac4d58.jpg

Thanks again! I really appreciate your replies.

This works, but making the lowest temperature range high, say 50, and setting the color to black, does not allow transparency to lower effects, right?

Is there a way to do that? Or is Lighting Link always opaque/replace lower effects?

BTW, I set F5-F7 to temps of my RAM modules (#2 is always the highest) and the Corsair Logo to Ryzen CPU temps.

I had the effect for the Logo to be the pulsing rainbow, but now I just get a solid color graduating through temperature Lighting Link temp/color/values.