Corsair Community

K95 lighting fails after sleep mode

bnbuckeye

I hate to cross-post but I am at my wits end with iCue.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=203498

I turned off computer sleep and I still can't get the software to not wipe the lighting settings even though all I have set to sleep is my Pixio monitor.

Now, the keyboard lights stay full red after the monitor is asleep (which I can live with) but occasionally they still go out completely and I still have to quit and restart iCue. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this

iCue is latest version as is the keyboard firmware..

I have found old forums posts here that hints at similar issues way back even in 2014...

Now today, the iCue software has crashed but my lighting profile on the keyboard is correct. Really at a loss and appreciate any advice.

I've also tried to "factory reset" this and tried all available USB ports on my motherboard...

Okay.. so Corsair support had me disable the SDK checkbox.. And.. that has worked.. Waiting on a reason that was the cause. I am also able to use MSI Dragon Center Lighting tools with my MSI RTX 3070 independently from iCue. So far so good. Thanks again for trying to help @Corsair Notepad

• Corsair Employees
Okay.. so Corsair support had me disable the SDK checkbox.. And.. that has worked.. Waiting on a reason that was the cause. I am also able to use MSI Dragon Center Lighting tools with my MSI RTX 3070 independently from iCue. So far so good. Thanks again for trying to help @Corsair Notepad

Disabling the SDK works because that is what Mystic Light or Dragon Center use to control the RGB of our devices. If you intend on playing games that have RGB integration with iCUE you will need to disable the MSI software, and then reenable the SDK since that's how those games integrate with iCUE.

If you don't care about RGB integration with specific games then leave the SDK disabled.