Corsair Community

Can't Adjust certain Fan RPM's in Icue

I am using an h100i Elite Capellix with the included commander core. I have 6 fans plugged into it: The three fans that come included with the Icue 4000x RGB case (pretty sure they're sp 120s), the two ML120s that come with the aio, and 1 LL120. I have full control over everything in Icue except for one thing: I can't adjust the rpm of the three sp 120s in the front of the case! I'll set a custom profile, say, fixing all the fans to 1000rpm, and only the AIO fans and the LL120's will change! The three at the front just stay at 1300rpm, never changing. Please help!

The SP fans are DC-controlled fans - they have 3 pins for control and fan speed is changed by altering the voltage to the fan. The Commander Core only supports PWM (4-pin) fans - it supplies a constant 12V to the fan. It can't control the speed of 3-pin/DC fans.

The Commander Pro does support 3 pin DC and 4 pin PWM control and is the only option for DC fan control within the CUE software. However, it is not interchangeable with the Commander Core. You must use the Com Core with the Elite coolers. Power, control, and data are all routed through the Commander Core .

Your motherboard most likely has dual DC/PWM control on its fan headers and that would be an immediate solution.

I see. So would I have to adjust them in the BIOS, or is there a software in windows I could use? I would prefer the latter as I have an elgato capture card and the passthrough on the BIOS is really grainy.

EDIT: It worked! Still tell me if there is a software I can use for it, but thank you! And the BIOS auto went to my second display, which is not passing through a capture card so it's fine. Still would be more convenient to not have to go into the bios, but thanks!

Edited by MadCritter
Nevermind!

Gigabyte like has some type of Windows environment MB control program. I don't use their boards so I am not as familiar with them. It may be worked into their RGB management program (Fusion) these days. Do exercise some caution as that program has been conflicting with CUE lately, blocking firmware updates.

Speedfan was the classic independent program for managing the BIOS. However, I have not used it in 5 years and can't offer a current assessment. I have been using my Commander Pro since the day it launched. Someone else may be more up to speed on current affairs.