Corsair Community

Corsair hx1000w psu modular sata cable

Hi everyone,

Recently got a used corsair HX1000W PSU for my desktop. the PSU doesn't come with any modular cables. I tried using my old PSU modular cable which is an Antec 650W. Once I use the cable plug in with a hard drive, it won't boot up.

The lights and fan power up for half a second then complete power off. And won't even let me power up again unless I manually turn off PSU and wait for few seconds.

I notice the Modular cable online for Corsair has a different pin to been used on the connector, I tried to match up the wire into the connector and tried again but doesn't work as well.

So does the connector for the PSU modular port has completely different pins for SATA?

Where can I get the right modular cable for this PSU?

12.jpg

Find this on newegg

511k6VS4UwL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

The cable I have the 2 pin side is use middle one instead this one has left and right with middle one empty.:bigeyes:

• Corsair Employees
Hi everyone,

Recently got a used corsair HX1000W PSU for my desktop. the PSU doesn't come with any modular cables. I tried using my old PSU modular cable which is an Antec 650W. Once I use the cable plug in with a hard drive, it won't boot up.

The lights and fan power up for half a second then complete power off. And won't even let me power up again unless I manually turn off PSU and wait for few seconds.

I notice the Modular cable online for Corsair has a different pin to been used on the connector, I tried to match up the wire into the connector and tried again but doesn't work as well.

So does the connector for the PSU modular port has completely different pins for SATA?

Where can I get the right modular cable for this PSU?

12.jpg

Find this on newegg

511k6VS4UwL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

The cable I have the 2 pin side is use middle one instead this one has left and right with middle one empty.:bigeyes:

You should never attempt to use another manufacturer's PSU cables with ours as they are not universal connections on the PSU end and you can and will cause damage to your computer hardware by attempting to do so. Please refer to the PSU cable compatibility chart linked below.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

• 2 weeks later...