Corsair Community

Need help with TWINX2048-3200PT and DFI LANPARTY nf4 SLI-DR

rye

I've tried all of everyone's suggestions and still am having no luck. Some settings make it slightly better or slightly worse. I think I'm done wasting time on this and am going to RMA the mobo and RAM first thing Monday. I'll replace it with an Asus mobo and XXX RAM, both of which seem to provide others with better luck. Thanks to all who tried to help!

1. The voltage needs to be @ 2.7 or higher (not greater than 2.9 though).

2. RAID drivers only need to be installed at F6 if WinXP does not have the drivers natively part of the OS. With that new of a board, they'll need to be installed.

3. I'd personally lean towards a bad CPU over the memory. Try the memory with a different board, or different memory with that CPU.

4. Stop testing ONLY with test 8. Just run the default for 3 loops.

After a bit more research, there's actually two nvidea drivers that need to be installed at the F6, a Raid driver and a memory controller driver. Also there's a known issue with the Plextor 716 optical drives causing problems with nf4 chipsets that has been addressed with the latest firmware up date from Plextor.

I have this memory and (almost) the same motherboard, the lanparty nf4 sli-d.

And I have the same/similar probs. Not done any testing yet, apart from my two sticks of generic twinmoss work fine. Replace with the twinx and i'm getting occasional bsod's but a load of access violations messages from apps. memtest bungs up an error every time in the same place, infact, it throws up more errors and runs LESS reliably at the recommend voltage than at 2.6! (i'm fine with that part!!!)

tried on a single raptor and on my scsi array, same.

Nox

• Corsair Employee

I would not have a problem replacing the memory for you, but if setting the voltage to 2.7X volts is more stable than AUTO or 2.6 volts that migth suggest a power problem.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought it 2 days ago, twinx1024-3200c2pt

same problem, but i have no idea about Memtest86 -_- im new

but i use DFI Lanparty UT NF4 ultra-D

to ram guy

Q: What happens if I return a part under this warranty?

A: The part you return will be tested upon receipt at Corsair. If the part is a good part according to Corsair's test, it may be shipped back to you, or it may be replaced with an equivalent part. If the part fails Corsair's test, it will be replaced by an equivalent (or better) part that passes the test.

i think the part if fine, cuz it work by it self and if replaced another pair, i think it still has the same problem :mad: :mad:

anyway to get my money back, cuz i just bought it 2 days from newegg.com

it is not my fault :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Corsair Employee

You would need to talk to newegg about that. But I would make sure that you have the latest beta bios as that seems to solve some issues with memory on this MB and then load setup/optimized ddefaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, this can also be caused by using an improper PSU waht is the make and model of your PSU?

And all RMA's replaced with new modules!

Archived