Corsair Community

Cant boot up from Sleep + after every shutdown the CMOS Clear LED is on on the Back

Hi guys,

so I changed my RAM from 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 of a Corsair Dominator Platinum from 2016 to a new Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2x 16GB) one.

Since then, I cant boot up from Sleep mode. Only if I boot it up immediately after putting the System to sleep mode. And even then it doesnt work always.

The more curious thing is, since the change the CMOS Clear LED on the Backpanel of my Mainboard always shines Blue, after pressing it it shuts down (until the next shutdown of the system.)

I dont change anything in the BIOS, so what could affect this?

I also put the old RAM back in, but the problem is still present. So something must have been messed up after the installation of the RAM.

This is my system:

Core i7 6800K

MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X99 Chipset

RAM: SKU CMT32GX4M2C3000C15

Thanks for any help!

Can't say much about the blue light and that requires MB specific knowledge. However, in general 16 GB module are going to be harder to stabilize on a platform like X99. That was the first DDR4 board and 16GB support came late. Make sure your BIOS is up to date.

You may need to tweak the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages. This is not simply a case of more is better, but warmer. Too much can be bad as well. No idea what the BIOS will kick out when on Auto.

However, there is another question. Do you really want a 2x16 kit? You have a quad channel board. You are giving up some performance by not using 4x8 which would be easier to clock up to 3200 Mhz and likely produce better Read/Wr/Copy values -- if that matters.