Corsair Community

Duplicate GPU icon in iCUE

sean22922

Recently I changed my GPU to RTX 3090 FE, one thing amazed me is iCUE support the light control of this GPU.

But one time my PC ran into BSOD and reboot itself. And now iCUE showing a new icon says "ASUS GPU: Vga 1(1)" which is not physically exist in my PC.

I tested out many way to solved this, like re-install iCUE, re-install Armourycreate etc., but none of them work.

The only thing I noticed is when I uninstall Armourycreate, iCUE not showing "ASUS Motherboard" and "ASUS GPU: Vga 1" anymore. Only showing "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090" and other corsair accessories I have.

Also, another annoying bug is some time some device name show in iCUE change into "Device name(1)", and so on show "Device name(1)(1)".

Most importantly is you cannot change it manually. If you tried to change back to normal name, it won't let you. The temporary solution is change the name to "Device name ", plus a blank behind the name.

Hope anyone can solve these bugs or question.

iCUE.thumb.png.da8b68fd26f2d4ffef0aedc6fc8349f4.png

• Corsair Employees
This fix the "Device Name(1)" issue. However the "ASUS GPU: Vga 1" issue is still there.

That data is pulled into iCUE directly from the plugin that Asus provides that communicates with the Asus Aura/Armory Crate software. If you have that software installed and running, AND it is detecting your GPU in order to control the RGB also, it would explain why it is telling the iCUE software that there is another GPU. You will need to discover how to disable the GPU from being detected and/or controlled by the Asus software in order to prevent the "Asus GPU" from showing up.

That data is pulled into iCUE directly from the plugin that Asus provides that communicates with the Asus Aura/Armory Crate software. If you have that software installed and running, AND it is detecting your GPU in order to control the RGB also, it would explain why it is telling the iCUE software that there is another GPU. You will need to discover how to disable the GPU from being detected and/or controlled by the Asus software in order to prevent the "Asus GPU" from showing up.

After some search on the internet, I only found a similar question, but still do not have answer.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1054344

But it gives me a idea about instead of using Armory Crate, why not using Aura sync(Standalone lightning control) only?

So I uninstall Armory Crate using uninstall tool from ASUS website, install Aura sync only, then problem solved!

• Corsair Employees
After some search on the internet, I only found a similar question, but still do not have answer.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1054344

But it gives me a idea about instead of using Armory Crate, why not using Aura sync(Standalone lightning control) only?

So I uninstall Armory Crate using uninstall tool from ASUS website, install Aura sync only, then problem solved!

That is great to hear.