Corsair Community

Corsair Icue switches profile on switching app/window

pokelolmon

Im not sure if this is occuring for only me but, Every time i set a profile other that the one on the top of the list and i switch to other application, icue switches my profile to the top one in the list.

Link to the bug being reproduced is Here :-

[ame]https://youtu.be/1jlRaAzxIBI[/ame]

The default profile just cycles through all rainbow colors and every time I click on some application with profile other than "default" active it just switcher to a different one

It started when i clicked on calendar at the bottom right of the task bar to check dates and occurs for every app/window from then on.

I did a clean uninstall and reinstall just now, works fine but is reproducible once I to the above steps even after a reinstall

• Corsair Employees

Your video barely shows it but the cause of your issue is there. You have those other two profiles tied to other applications. So when you click on it in the iCUE software the effects you set will show up on the devices because its showing you what that profile does if you want to edit it. The moment you click off the iCUE software it will go back to the default profile because you are no longer on the iCUE window AND you aren't in the program you associated that profile with.

If you want to be able to use those profiles when not in the specific program you have set then you will need to remove that association. But if you want those profiles to autoswitch when you start those applications you need to leave them as is.

I provided two screenshots below. One is of your video clearly showing you have a file path association set as I stated, and the other is of my iCUE software in the default profile showing no file path association which is how you will want it to be if you want to select those profiles and not have it revert back to the default you have set.

1021722176_Screenshot2021-01-14092120.png.6bb43d26003ecfb378eb017f9bedb249.png

1710321465_Screenshot2021-01-14092256.thumb.png.494cc26fe93f2805733f205254667843.png

Yup that was it sorry for the trouble, i forgot that i had linked it to an app before I exported and later deleted the link for the app and today i had imported it on a new pc so i had older version of my profile which had an app linked to it.

Removed the linked app now works fine Thanks a lot

Edited by pokelolmon

• Corsair Employees
Yup that was it sorry for the trouble, i forgot that i had linked it to an app before I exported and later deleted the link for the app and today i had imported it on a new pc so i had older version of my profile which had an app linked to it.

Removed the linked app now works fine Thanks a lot

No trouble at all. Just glad I was able to help you out.