Corsair Community

Corsair One i164 - Recently got loud

Hi there,

I purchased a Corsair One i164 back in August and it worked perfectly quiet. Nothing wrong with temperature or fan or hardware. But, I stopped using it recently probably for a couple weeks and the PC now when I play games (mainly Divison 2 and Destiny 2) on rather low settings, I can hear the system get quite loud.

I've reset the pc once just because I did update the PC after coming back so I thought it might have been something with the OS update or Nvidia Driver Update but it still didn't fix it. Kind of bummed because I loved it when it was super quiet and I could play without having to worry about noise levels. I did also uninstall the ICue software because I was reading on other forums that might be interfering with the fan rpms but I did not have a problem with the software when I first bought the machine. I actually had used it to monitor everything and control the lightings with no issue to the noise level.

Just wanted to see if something like is fixable? I also did want to ask the correct way of cleaning the inside of the PC without me voiding any warranties.

Thank you!

The fans should ramp up when you play a game like Destiny 2. Are you sure they weren’t before? It will never be “perfectly quiet” when you are

playing a GPU heavy game - you will be able to hear at least the top fan when it ramps up to 1500 rpm. If you say you played games like that before and the PC was “perfectly quiet”, I’d be inclined to think it wasn’t working properly then.

Where is the sound coming from - the top or the side? In addition to the large top fan, the GPU has a small fan, and both will ramp up under load. The smaller fan can be a bit high pitched. Maybe that is what you are hearing?

No need to uninstall iCue. That will just make your fan harder to control. Reinstall it and then watch the fan readings. What is the top fan doing when you hear the noise? That might help identify the problem.

Sorry I shouldn't say completely quiet, but it was quiet to a point where I did not to worry about the noise while wearing my headphones. Now, recently, I need to have one side of my headphone open so that I can hear the noise level.

I have not specifically noticed exactly which area but I'll keep note of it next time I play on it. From the noise level, I am assuming it's the top as you're pointing out.

I appreciate the feedback!

So, I acutally reinstalled iCue and followed someone that I read on another thread here where they set the custom fan speed or rpm sorry if I got that incorrect to 100% and now the system is working the way it was before. I'm not sure what was causing the issue but I think its back to normal.

Thank you!