Corsair Community

Using Corsair QL120 and LL120 fans simultaneously on Lighting Node Core

AbidIqbalShaik

Hello everyone,

I am building a new PC. It will have the following Corsair products -

1. Corsair 4000D Airflow case

2. Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE 240mm AIO Liquid Cooler (Comes bundled with 2x LL120 RGB fans (White))

I will mount this AIO liquid cooler in the top section of the case (Fans will push the air out from the case).

3. 3x Corsair QL120 RGB fans (White)

I will mount these fans in the front section of the case (Fans will pull the air inside the case).

4. 1x Corsair LL120 RGB fan (White)

I will mount this fan in the rear section of the case, just beside the motherboard (This fan will push the air outside the case).

Basically, I want 3x QL120 fans to pull air inside the case (all three fans mounted in the front) and 3x LL120 fans to push air outside the case (two fans mounted at the top and one at the rear).

Now, the RGB connections of 2x LL120 fans that come with the AIO cooler will be plugged into the pump. As for the 3x QL120 fans, their RGB connections will be plugged into the Lighting Node Core that comes with the Triple QL120 Fan Kit.

Here is my question -

What about the remaining 1x LL120 fan that I am planning to put in the rear section of the case? Where should I plug its RGB connection? Can I plug it into the Lighting Node Core that comes with QL120 Triple Fan Kit? Can the Lighting Node Core control 3x QL120 fans and 1x LL120 fan simultaneously?

If the answer to my questions is yes, then that is great. I will have no issues. However, if the answer is no, then what product do I have to purchase to make the remaining 1x LL120 fan to work in RGB sync with other Corsair RGB products in my build?

Additionally, I am also planning on installing RGB LED strip in my build for which I will be purchasing Corsair Lighting Node Pro (CL-9011109-WW) which comes with Lighting Node PRO RGB Lighting Controller and 4 LED light strips. I am planning on plugging all four strips in a single LED channel. The other LED channel in the Lighting Node PRO RGB Lighting Controller will be vacant. Can I somehow use that vacant channel to control RGB lighting of my 1x LL120?

Also, I stay in India. It is very difficult to find products like Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub (CO-8950020). So please keep that in mind.

I searched for this query everywhere but I couldn't find an answer. Please help me out here guys. It would be a great help to me. Thank you very much.

It's funny how you're going for the exact same build as I do, but you're just couple weeks behind :)

Unfortunately, you can't mix fan types on Lightning Node Core.

I have a very similar setup as you do, but I've bought 4 QL120 fans and they work flawlessly.

I haven't tested plugins fans to Lightning Node Pro, so can't help there, but there FAQ in this forum somewhere that could help you.

However, consider one more thing: I've bought Lightning Node Pro with LED light strips and... I returned it immediately. Strips in this set are not diffused and look super ugly compared to great diffused lights from AiO and QL/LL fans. It really felt like I made the look of my build WORSE with those strips.

What I'm planning to do instead is to buy Commander Pro to allow me controlling all my fans from ICue and will buy LS100 strips and put them in my case.

[ame]

[/ame]

One more thing to consider - if you plan to buy Lightning Node Pro - you will need third internal USB 2.0 header (my mobo has only two) and cheap splitters I tried to use refused to work with Lightning Node Pro/AiO/Lightning Node Core - you would need some decent internal USB hub like NZXT one or... Commander Pro.

It's funny how you're going for the exact same build as I do, but you're just couple weeks behind :)

Unfortunately, you can't mix fan types on Lightning Node Core.

I have a very similar setup as you do, but I've bought 4 QL120 fans and they work flawlessly.

I haven't tested plugins fans to Lightning Node Pro, so can't help there, but there FAQ in this forum somewhere that could help you.

However, consider one more thing: I've bought Lightning Node Pro with LED light strips and... I returned it immediately. Strips in this set are not diffused and look super ugly compared to great diffused lights from AiO and QL/LL fans. It really felt like I made the look of my build WORSE with those strips.

What I'm planning to do instead is to buy Commander Pro to allow me controlling all my fans from ICue and will buy LS100 strips and put them in my case.

One more thing to consider - if you plan to buy Lightning Node Pro - you will need third internal USB 2.0 header (my mobo has only two) and cheap splitters I tried to use refused to work with Lightning Node Pro/AiO/Lightning Node Core - you would need some decent internal USB hub like NZXT one or... Commander Pro.

Damn! I will have to buy a separate Lighting Node Core for that single fan then. It will be hard for me to find one in India.

And huge thanks for reminding me about internal USB hub. It hadn't thought about how many headers would I need. Anyway, I ordered NZXT USB 2.0 5 port hub.

I do want to ask you one more thing. Where did you plug PWM fan controls? On motherboard? Or do you have a hub?

Also, do share pictures of your build. It might help me about how should I go about my build.

Thanks!

Actually, I would recommend buying Commander Pro instead of NZXT hub. Commander Pro has two usb 2 headers and it will allow you to plugin fans PWM cables into it too. This will allow you to control fan speed from iCUE.

If you don't have Commander Pro you can plugin fans to PWM headers on motherboard - that is my current setup, but I'll rather plug all of them into commander Pro.

I wouldn't buy separste lightning node pro, just sell this one LL fan and get QL instead.

Alternatively if you buy Commander pro, maybe you can you plug LL rgb directly to commander pro ( I'm not sure about this last piece!! Please validate this).