Corsair Community

Please help with memory problems =(

ontime

Hi,

OK I bought a pair (512 ea) sticks from New Egg last summer and bought them for my 12 year old daughters first personnal computer, that we built together... CMX512-3200C2pro (she liked the cool lights=)

My daughter was telling me her computer was acting up. I noticed that the activity lights were acting up on the memory, I pulled them out so I could reseat them, and but them in the the others dim slots and it would not boot (no signs of life)

I then pulled one stick out and still nothing, I then put the other in and took out the first that I tryed by itself and it booted up..

Yet it regestered 458.092 KB

I then played around a little more and got the rig to fire up with the pair, trying the memory in diffrent slots. Activity lights on one is acting strange like its not working very well and the gig of memory only shows up at 960 megs in windows..

I have two personnal rigs and they do the same in all the computers. What has gone wrong with this memory? Any help will be welcome (thank you) I Love Corsair products and have always been a loyal customer! But for the life of me I can't figure this out. Its my Daughters computer and I don't over clock, everything I have is bone stock!

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hi Ram guy. Thank you for the help.

The system is running at stock speeds and have always been that way, with no perfomance settings.

Dram voltage is 2.592Volts

Asus P4C800E delux

CPU speed 3.01 ghz (its a 3.0 intel chip)

FSB 802mhz

No turbo or performace settings

Bios also shows only 960 mb

What do you think ram guy?

Thank you in advance for your help...

Like I said I am a loyal customer of Corsair, just can't understands what has happened with this memory...

Gary Hale

Thank you Ram Guy,

Your fast reply's and show of concern just reconfirms my high regards for your products and company.

I have always been, and always will be one of your most loyal customer's !

Gary Hale Sacramento, CA

Archived