Corsair Community

Any thermal paste recommendation?

Jaffna

Sorry for asking for many questions, just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. As with my previous thread, I sort of messed up with the mounting and now I'm looking to getting new thermal paste. Currently looking at "Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste" from amazon. Is this okay?

one can never ask enough questions when researching buddy.. its a good thing :)..

as for paste.. normally i used TG.. but last year or so i have been using Corsairs Paste.. both XTM50 and TM30 .

I really have no moans with either

Thank you! I currently have 150i elite cappelix. Should I just do the rice grain method for the thermal paste or do a manual spread?

Thank you! I currently have 150i elite cappelix. Should I just do the rice grain method for the thermal paste or do a manual spread?

As an Intel man i have only ever done those.. and yeah i would go for the rice grain method... or 'pea' sized..

since ryzen has chiplets on the periphery of the iHS, i usually do a diagonal cross on the iHS to make sure they are covered.

Otherwise for intel it's either a line along the die or the rice grain.

if the paste is thick try the cross. if it's very fluid, any of these will do :)