Corsair Community

I noticed my AIO is running fast even during idle

Jaffna

I was setting up my fans on commander pro and when I went to the AIO(Corsair 150i Elite cappelix) which is connected to commander core(with 3 QL fans) I noticed that the RPM is very high even under quiet mode. I'm not doing anything right now other than this browser and HWInfo open.

Is this normal?

u1Aay6N.png

"Quiet" is a relative term and it is just a set of temp X = Y rpm data points. Most people are going to be better off going to the Performance Tab and clicking + to create a custom graph below. In the top right corner of the graph are the three preset curves. Click the left most one. Now you can see the points and make the adjustments you need.

There is no universal perfect preset for people. Everyone's room/case temp is going to be different and that shifts the baseline. 31C coolant is pretty much right in the middle and I am surprised the fans are as high as they are. You don't need 1500 rpm there. **Just noticed the HWiNFO post you made. That can lock up the fan controller and could easily be responsible for keeping the fans elevated. Regardless, running the "custom version" of the Quiet curve allows you to see the data points vs the invisible preset, so still recommended.

Edited by c-attack

"Quiet" is a relative term and it is just a set of temp X = Y rpm data points. Most people are going to be better off going to the Performance Tab and clicking + to create a custom graph below. In the top right corner of the graph are the three preset curves. Click the left most one. Now you can see the points and make the adjustments you need.

There is no universal perfect preset for people. Everyone's room/case temp is going to be different and that shifts the baseline. 31C coolant is pretty much right in the middle and I am surprised the fans are as high as they are. You don't need 1500 rpm there.

Thank you

I followed your steps and came up did this, but the RPM is still staying high. I have the wire from the pump connected to CPU_fan on motherboard aswell

LjB98Jv.png

Can you click on the fixed RPM and fixed PWM % options in your custom curve and see if you get control?

If no, disconnect all three fans from the PWM side of the Commander Core and then re-connect them in the same place. It would be odd for this to remedy all three, but easier than the next step.

If still no control, I think you need to force update the firmware for Commander Core. CUE settings -> Check for update (it’s up to date) -> force update. It is normal for the the device to go offline and the fans will max out for 3-5 seconds while it loads. There is always a small chance a firmware update does not go as expected and the device locks up. You don’t have to do this and can make a support ticket with Corsair.

Can you click on the fixed RPM and fixed PWM % options in your custom curve and see if you get control?

If no, disconnect all three fans from the PWM side of the Commander Core and then re-connect them in the same place. It would be odd for this to remedy all three, but easier than the next step.

If still no control, I think you need to force update the firmware for Commander Core. CUE settings -> Check for update (it’s up to date) -> force update. It is normal for the the device to go offline and the fans will max out for 3-5 seconds while it loads. There is always a small chance a firmware update does not go as expected and the device locks up. You don’t have to do this and can make a support ticket with Corsair.

Thank you so much for your help. Instead of connecting commander core to the commander pro, I connected it directly to the mobo and it fixed the issue :D:D

That's interesting. Wondering if this is more x570/USB related troubles. I need to remember this as a troubleshooting step.

Wait no I was wrong. Its still working but not because of the usb header. I just realized that I had the fans connected to 4, 5 and 6 ports instead of 123. I went back and changed it to 1, 2 and 3 ports and the original problems occured. But when I switched it to back to 456 its fine again. I have full control whiles its on 456. Will this be okay?

dww8jVh.png