Corsair Community

H100i SE making a lot of noise

patoch

Hello!

I just bought a Corsair H100i platinum SE, installed it and when i started my computer, a sound appeared and stay.

If i change the pump RPM with iCUE, the sound is lower or higher but still there.

Any ideas? Should i return it?

I tried to put fan cable on MB instead of the pump, i tried to set the pump in Extrem mode fr 1h and i tried to move the cables, the computer etc.

I think the issue is around the pump, not bubbles.

You can hear the sound here :

[ame]

[/ame]

EDIT :

My AIO temp stay around 28c and my cpu temp is around 51c

That's a lot of ticking. If you gently lift the front of the case and sound changes, it is likely bubbles and this was a commonly reported issue on the Platinum/XT at the lowest pump speed. However, I am mostly hearing clicks and not the usual gurgles. I would contact Corsair Support.

Hey, I had the exact same issue. Posted it on reddit as PSA after I resolved it:

Tl;dr - try out all the recommended steps and if it won't help - RMA it. My second unit is absolutely quiet, which makes me think the first one was deffective.

Good luck.

Edited by urs

Steve From Gamers Nexus did a review recently on this and proved that front mounted rads with the hoses on top is bad. It could potentially ruin your cooler

That is not what he says, but his rant from the beginning about running with the pump above the rest of the entire radiator assembly carries over into the remaining video giving that impression. Hoses on the top has the potential to make some gurgles, which can be annoying but will not ruin your cooler. The OP above has something else going on with definite electro-mechanical clicking. That is likely going to be a hardware issue.

I don't understand English well, I translate the video with google voice. I can half understand. So tell me if I say wrong:

The pump on the processor should be facing down. Should the pump passing over the fan grille be placed lower than the processor, so that the tubing runs down from the processor to the fan grill?

And the position of arrival at the fan grille it must be from below or above?

The only definite "do not do this" is in the picture behind him two posts up. This is the one where the pump/CPU block is completely above the rest of the radiator and tubes. This can only happen if you mount your CPU cooler in the bottom of the case -- something not possible in most set-ups. All liquid systems have some amount of air in the loop. It will work to the highest point it can, which if that is the CPU block, will leave the cooling fins exposed and not passing heat to the liquid. That is a problem.

The entire rest of the video is about whether the hoses should be on the top or bottom of the radiator when using it on the front (or side) mount. Tubes on the bottom is preferable when possible, but that's really what he's complaining about. It's not always possible. He blames case manufacturers for showing builds this way in marketing materials, but pictures or not people put the tubes up high because they can't around their 330mm+ GPU.