Corsair Community

Help with setting up rgb lights (non corsair)

Madmaxneo

I'm not entirely sure where to post this question but if I am in the wrong forum please point me to the correct one.

I need help in trying to get my additional RGB lighting to work through a second RGB hub. I have one hub with 2 LL140 fans connected to it and that works fine. I purchased a second hub for various aRGB lighting to work along with the required wires (from PirateDog tech on ebay) but so far I have been unable to get any of the aRGB lights to work. I know the second hub works because I connected my LL140 fans to it and they work fine. I was also able to get my aRGB Swiftech Iris fan to light up but have since been unable to get it back up again.

Below are the argb lights I have been trying to get to work through this second hub, all of which work fine with the MB lighting controls on a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite Wifi board (RGB Fusion).

A. Lian Li Lan Cool II case lights with an additional Lian Li light strip

B. Swiftech Iris (aRGB) fan

C. aRGB lighted GPU support bracket.

Note that when I connect the above lights they don't come on at all, which is the same thing that happens with my LL140 fans unless I specifically select the LL fans in the channel they are in. I have been trying to get these lights to work using the "External RGB strip" but it has not been working.

I just discovered I can get individual lights to work if I connect them directly to the Node Pro without the RGB hub, yet the LL140 fans work through the hub just fine.

How do I get those lights to work with Corsair iCue through the Node Pro using a Corsair RGB hub?

On a side but somewhat related question: I have heard that the iCue software has a way of controlling MB lighting. Is it possible for me to do this with my Gigabyte MB?

EDIT: I am thinking that the PirateDog Tech wires I got do not work through the RGB hub as they advertise. They work just fine when connected directly to the Node Pro but not when going through the RGB hub.

Is there anyone here who can help me rewire the 3 pin connector so it works fine in the 4 pin slot for the Corsair RGB hub?

Edited by Madmaxneo
Update

There are quite a few different Pirate Dog Tech adapters for multiple different purposes. Which one(s) are you using? Typically you connect 3rd party RGB devices to the controller (Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro, etc) and not to the fan specific power supply (RGB Lighting Hub).

Gigabyte MBs cannot have their RGB zones controlled through CUE. This is limited to Asus MBs and GPUs at this time.

You have 2 LL fans on that hub.

How do you have it configured in iCUE? Have you added additional fans to the channel in iCUE to account for the added LEDs on the additional devices after the LL fans? That would certainly explain why the adapters work when connected to the LNP directly but not through the hub. Each LED on the hub "pops" it's data off and passes the what's left to the next LED in line. So if you don't add additional fans to the channel for the devices, they won't light up. The other thing that you can do is to put the adapters on port 1 of the fan hub and see if they light up. That will also confirm that it's a configuration issue.

You have 2 LL fans on that hub.

How do you have it configured in iCUE? Have you added additional fans to the channel in iCUE to account for the added LEDs on the additional devices after the LL fans? That would certainly explain why the adapters work when connected to the LNP directly but not through the hub. Each LED on the hub "pops" it's data off and passes the what's left to the next LED in line. So if you don't add additional fans to the channel for the devices, they won't light up. The other thing that you can do is to put the adapters on port 1 of the fan hub and see if they light up. That will also confirm that it's a configuration issue.

The below is all done with the second hub set up using an external 350mm LED strip set on visor.

If I connect one Lian Li strip directly to the LNP it works perfectly fine. If I connect the same Lian Li strip to the 1st connection in the 2nd hub and then to the LNP it does not work at all. I removed one of my LL fans from the first hub and ran it through the 1st connection in the 2nd hub and it works perfectly fine (again in the above aforementioned Visor mode).