Corsair Community

Keyboard effects lagging after updating iCUE to latest version

JohnX125

Close the CUE window prior to starting the game or at least make sure you don't leave it on the keyboard lighting or dashboard tabs. Those use more CPU resources than other pages.

What CPU% are you getting up during these moments? Is it possible you are hitting the limit?

Close the CUE window prior to starting the game or at least make sure you don't leave it on the keyboard lighting or dashboard tabs. Those use more CPU resources than other pages.

What CPU% are you getting up during these moments? Is it possible you are hitting the limit?

I never leave iCUE open in a window before launching a game or leave it on the tabs you mentioned. Also CPU usage during games isn't high enough to cause it to lag.. the highest I've seen was 80% in GTA and iCUE only uses about 1,5%, so there's enough CPU headroom for it. I think it's a bug since the problem appeared after updating iCUE to version 3.36.125.

Edited by JohnX125

OK. I haven't seen any other specific complaints about this on the current version. Try running a quick repair install (Windows Apps -> CUE -> Modify) to see if it cleans things up. That will not delete your settings or profiles.

If that does not help, go to CUE settings and turn on the debug logging. Then I would start a support ticket with Corsair so you can give them any error logs needed.

Any specific lighting pattern giving problems? Or all of them?

OK. I haven't seen any other specific complaints about this on the current version. Try running a quick repair install (Windows Apps -> CUE -> Modify) to see if it cleans things up. That will not delete your settings or profiles.

If that does not help, go to CUE settings and turn on the debug logging. Then I would start a support ticket with Corsair so you can give them any error logs needed.

Any specific lighting pattern giving problems? Or all of them?

Ok I'll try these solutions. All non-static lighting profiles are affected by this problem.