Corsair Community

Mixing RGB fan types on a controller?

halcyonon

Are there any controller/hub/splitters that allow for mixing fan types on them? I've got a CoPro, CoCore, and multiple LiNoCores... I have 3 ML fans from my Cappelix hooked to it, plus 3 QL fans, and it auto detects as all QLs, and I cannot seem to change them individually, the only option is under Lighting Setup -> Lighting Effects -> A single drop down that lists a bunch of fan types, which replaces ALL of them.

No. The Commander Core is the only "auto-detect", but it's still the same issue on the other controllers where you must manually designate one fan type per controller. You can override on the Commander Core as well with one fan type, but with any QL in the mix you are pretty much stuck using them for the base unit. They have too many LEDs for the 4/8/12 LED fans to be used as the fan type.

If you have a Lighting Node Core from the QL triple pack, you can run them as two separate groups, each with its on controller. Whether or not that is useful depends on what you're trying to do.