Corsair Community

iCUE not letting me set the right colours

socialwaif

I have tried a few different versions and reinstalls. It is affected two Corsair products.

I am trying to set my ST100 RGB to a colour shift type effect - shifting from a blue to a violet or purple hue. The base lighting is working fine. However the top LED is only really showing the violet or purples hues. The blue looks to not be lighting up or illuminating - if it is even working. The other colours seem to be working fine. Maybe the blue colour died?

Of more import to me is in regards to my DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB RAM. Similar colours involved. Same colour shift setting. It seems like it does respond to changes; I can do other colours or patterns fine. But when I try to set it to my desired colours of blue and violet, I instead get blue and red. I can even set it to shift between two near identical hues of blue. And it still displays a red or pinkish shade.

It is very frustrating. It had been working fine until a recent update to version 3.36.125.

It seems my software is having trouble showing the blue and violet/purple hues correctly.

On the ST100 - Set it to true blue 0/0/255 and see if you can find a dead or dark spot. That would be an indicator the blue LED(s) called it quits.

It tried to replicate this on my Dominator RGB. I tried color shift magenta to blue and then again with slightly more intermediate purple colors. I also tried it as a gradient with the magenta between two blue dots at a few different timings. I can't get it to pop off on the wrong color. Do you mean a single LED? Or the whole set? Again try setting pure blue and see if they are all on, but I am not sure I have seen any reports of these capellix LEDs dying.

Given there are two separate blue issues going on, it kind of seems more like a software issue. I haven't seen any related posts on this version. I would normally say to a quick repair install to rule out some weird file corruption, but if you've already done a reinstall, that is not likely to help. Just for demonstration purposes, try creating a new profile and set just the blue for RAM and ST100 to see if there is problem on the profile.

On the ST100 - Set it to true blue 0/0/255 and see if you can find a dead or dark spot. That would be an indicator the blue LED(s) called it quits.

It tried to replicate this on my Dominator RGB. I tried color shift magenta to blue and then again with slightly more intermediate purple colors. I also tried it as a gradient with the magenta between two blue dots at a few different timings. I can't get it to pop off on the wrong color. Do you mean a single LED? Or the whole set? Again try setting pure blue and see if they are all on, but I am not sure I have seen any reports of these capellix LEDs dying.

Given there are two separate blue issues going on, it kind of seems more like a software issue. I haven't seen any related posts on this version. I would normally say to a quick repair install to rule out some weird file corruption, but if you've already done a reinstall, that is not likely to help. Just for demonstration purposes, try creating a new profile and set just the blue for RAM and ST100 to see if there is problem on the profile.

Thanks. Yeah, I can get the RAM to do all blue. But any deviation from the blue preset seems to cause trouble. I currently have them set for just blue. The ST100 is having the most issue. The blue barely lights up at all. At least for the topmost LED. The lights on the base are fine.

I will be trying to create a new profile. I think the problem may have actually started when I lost a few profiles during my reinstalls.

Edit: the true blue 0/0/255 setting seems to be most effective for both devices.

Edited by socialwaif

Prior to creating a new profile, I elected to unplug the ST100 headset stand and plug in back in. It seemed to have helped. I initially was just going to doublecheck the lighting on the base, which is pretty much covered with desk clutter. Decided to unplug it while I was there. It got the lights on the base to light up again. Blue and purple work fine there. Slight improvement to the top LED. The blue up there just doesn't seem to be working. It is so dim that it is not being illuminated.

Created a new profile and redid all of my RGB settings. Same trouble with the top blue LED on the ST100. Moving on to the RAM, the true blue 0/0/255 setting works. As do very slight deviations from in, like 5/0/255, which produces a violet hue. Kind of like what I wanted anyways. Much further away from true blue, say 20/0/255 produces something more pink than purple or violet. Definately not what I was used to seeing. Being as I have had the RAM for over a year now, I know what they had normally looked like.

I am contemplating removing the RAM modules and reinserting them to see if that makes any difference. While that may be my next course of action, I am waiting to hear back from regarding a support ticket. I'd prefer not to have to mess with my internal components unless I really need to. Plus I have issues with one of the DIMM slots being a bit temperamental: I have for RAM modules and have seen only half recognized my my PC, as well as one or two not light up at all.

However, I was also thinking I might need to do a clean reinstall of iCUE, including cleaning up any leftover remnant files.

If you have difficulty with getting them seated/detected, I don't see any reason to pull the RAM. If this was at issue, it would have wide ranging consequences not involving the RGB or perhaps you would see flicker on affected sticks. You could shutdown, flip the PSU off, and pull the plug for 15 minutes to force the MB to do a reset, but I don't think that is really what's underneath this. One possible solution would be a forced firmware flash, but you certainly can wait for Support to recommend it or provide other detail. No firmware flash is completely risk free.

You can try the clean load of CUE without too much trouble. Probably Support will suggest it anyway and this will save a back and forth. You don't have to junk everything for this. Quit CUE and then navigate to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair. Cut and paste the CUE folder to the desktop. That is all the profiles and settings. Relaunch CUE and it will create default versions of all those folders and all settings will be at default (this includes fan control). Try a quick lighting test. If it's a fail too, quit CUE again, go back to the Roaming/Corsair folder and delete the new CUE folder. Drop the old back in place. Relaunch CUE and you are back where you were with all settings intact.

I am not really sure what this is. There are notable mentions of single LEDs not following directions, but not the entire set as a whole. I can't reproduce it either. Your intermediate purple-blue shifts should actually be smoother than if you were running 0/0/255 blue to 0/255/255 magenta because the Red LED never shuts off. The color shift/pulse effect can look a bit off sometimes if one or both ends are involve a primary value at 0 where the LED goes off.

I don't know about the ST100. It is one of those devices doesn't work like all the rest and I don't have one to mess around with. It does seem a rather odd coincidence that both are suffering similar color deficiencies.

Edited by c-attack