BUT one of them 2*8 16GB by Micron

another1 2*8 16Gb by Hynix

mobo x570 Tuf

3900x

I CANT USE DOCP/XMP enable mode cos it makes random reboting

when DOCP/XMP DISABLE no eroor ,ts work stabil

but i payed for 3600 and now memory on 2666

if its matter about micron/hynix

why corasir seling this with same part number and same box.

Edited by jaydeejoy

This is why you are not supposed to mix kits together and they are sold as a matched set. They likely have different version numbers on the label and world supply changes. You can't be guaranteed to have the same material available for the life cycle of the product.

You will either need to hand tune your timings and voltages or hopefully you still can return the more recent kit. Some retailers will work with you on getting a version number if you explain you are trying to match it to the kit you already own (vs someone power shopping for one die type or another). Unfortunately larger retailers will often be baffled by the question entirely. You might also reach out to Corsair through normal channels to see if they have the matching version for available.

Edited by c-attack
lost the apostrophe

This is why you are not supposed to mix kits together and they are sold as a matched set. They likely have different version numbers on the label and world supply changes. You can be guaranteed to have the same material available for the life cycle of the product.

You will either need to hand tune your timings and voltages or hopefully you still can return the more recent kit. Some retailers will work with you on getting a version number if you explain you are trying to match it to the kit you already own (vs someone power shopping for one die type or another). Unfortunately larger retailers will often be baffled by the question entirely. You might also reach out to Corsair through normal channels to see if they have the matching version for available.

İts SHAME.

ı sent mail to corsair 9 months ago about diffrent ram kit same speed and timing.

They said'' Thank you for the update. We do not recommend mixing separate memory kits as it can cause stability issues. Memory with the same speed, timings, and voltage would net your best chance of not having a stability issue.''

So this CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18 kits have same speed same voltage and same timing. also same box. Corsair must type in box Hynix or micron.

i am not profeesional about rams than sent mail to corsair

how do i know part numbers is same but manuf is diffrent.

they just can't do that. it's totally impractical.

they sell you a spec that you buy in matched sets. it's always been that way actually.

They use whatever chips are available at time of manufacture, depending on what is in stock from the suppliers.

Even within Micron or SK hynix, you have various memory types, various chip densities, various chip die revisions.. within the same brand.

All manufacturers work this way, except maybe for some specific sets of high performance ram that will cost you an arm and a leg.

• 4 weeks later...
This is why you are not supposed to mix kits together and they are sold as a matched set. They likely have different version numbers on the label and world supply changes. You can't be guaranteed to have the same material available for the life cycle of the product.

This is incorrect. If I order an SKU/EAN combination i must get a equal product.

I have the same issue, i ordered two products, exact same SKU and EAN code. One set has Micron other has NAntec. One product works with Ryzen, other does not be stable at specs.

If other chips are used, the EAN code must be different, otherwise there is no validation on product compliancy also. An SKU can have different EAN codes.

So if you have product A, version 1.0 SKU can be equal with version 1.1 but EAN code not. By this you can always order an equal SKU/EAN and expect an product to be equal 100%.

System builders and techs like me need to trust the manufacturer on that, Because designing a system relies on the choice of components. Imagine you have a PC designed and tested on a combination of parts. You build a batch of 10000pcs and sell them. And suddenly you get complains about 1000 of them and have to take them back. And what happened, Corsair did change chips on 1000 sets of dimm's but partnr/ean/sku are same.

And as a manufacturer, my clients must also be able to order a upgrade without having to worry about a V1,V2 etc. If they have product A and order another set of product A they must rely on it that it is the same set.

So if I order EAN 0840006615682/SKU CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18 today it must be exact the same product (chips, pcb, etc) as the one ordered 1 year ago.

I must rely on it that 0840006615682/SKU CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18 = 0840006615682/SKU CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18

And mixing sets must not be an issue when buying 2 sets of same product.

The issue is, now i have to send the set back to my supplier on their cost, then order a new one, and repeat until i have an equal set resulting with $10 shiping cost for every send and return and the probability i exceed the distributor stock (currently 196 sets) it wil cost approx $2000 for my supplier before i have the same set.

Edited by wim-bart

• 2 weeks later...