Corsair Community

Corsair 570x first time watercooling

Craigb350

Hey guys

I have built up my current pc and got it just about running where i want it to be.

One of the big issues i have is my small gaming room and the new super hot rtx 3090 card i just installed a couple of weeks ago.

I'm wanting to take my build to the next level and want to do this by water cooling so there's a few things on my mind though before i start out.

First of all is there anywhere i can see other peoples water cool builds in a 570x case to get some inspiration?

Any tips tricks you guys can share as i have a lot of questions regarding cooling.

It will be great to here from you guys and am looking forward to starting my own loop!

A simple 570x & Water cooling search should give you enough images to find some sources. Usually once you start linking to those, then more present themselves.

As for the usual difficulties of anyone's first water cooling build, there definitely are guides and videos out there. There is a lot to know and understand, but often the up front obstacles are specific to the case you are working in. Size limitations and where to route things is usually the first things to be solved.

• 3 weeks later...
def go for it, was my first water build as well, just got 3090 and was running 80c on some game at standard settings, after water cooling runs 59c with an overclock, and a lot less noise as well :)

What 3090 are you running? I will probably be doing my custom loop build in the next few days.. got all the parts now. I have a Asus 3090 strix which can push 480+ watts of power to the card so it needs water cooling!! It tops out at around 74C, probably starts throttling around 70C though.. so hoping my 3x360 rad cooling system with 9 fans will be able to keep its temps under control :) If I can keep it under 60C OC'd id be a happy gamer!

Same, MSI 3090 Ventus OC now watercooled. Max 60C under load and the very annoying fan noise is gone. Previously was like sitting next to an F16 taking off, very happy with it.

BTW I also have a X570 mobo (AsRock) and a rather small case (Fractal Meshify C Midi tower). I managed to fit 2x240 radiators (pull), cpu block (AMD 5900X) & GPU block. Only concession was that I needed to mount the waterpump (Corsair XD5) on the backside (outside the case). This turns out to work very well sofar.

Edited by JvS68

What 3090 are you running? I will probably be doing my custom loop build in the next few days.. got all the parts now. I have a Asus 3090 strix which can push 480+ watts of power to the card so it needs water cooling!! It tops out at around 74C, probably starts throttling around 70C though.. so hoping my 3x360 rad cooling system with 9 fans will be able to keep its temps under control :) If I can keep it under 60C OC'd id be a happy gamer!

That asus card wont be overheating at 480w, its probably wanting more juice lol.

iv got a 3090FTW3 ultra with the big boy bios on it and same boat its power delivery that still traps it or lack of utilisation. i wouldnt be freaking out about 70 deg.

sure cooler will be a bit better but your not getting mega clocks off it. atm youd be getting around 2150 ish?

FOR the OP.

iv currently got a 570x and a 3090. im moving away from my 570x this week sadly.

here in aus that shroud over the PSU (ax1200i) has been causing probable heat issues (ambient 30+c) current cooler is a H150i and just air cooled 3090 ftw3 ultra.

next week im stepping up to a Core P8 from thermaltake and a custom loop, though i cant get my hands on a waterblock for my 3090 yet, its pretty damn quiet on air anyway. and for a rad ill be slapping in a 4 x 120 x 60mm and otherwise using a tonne more corsair parts.

Edited by Ausyenlowang
more detail