Corsair Community

Asus Strix Z270H Gaming Corsair memory issues

BILKO1

I’ve recently bought the above motherboard with a I7 7700k cpu and a single stick of 16gb Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 C15 . The problem I have is I want to run XMP so bought a 16gb 2x8 set of Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 C15 ram. When this ram is fitted (either set of ram slots or a single stick) the motherboard won’t post and the yellow light at the top of the motherboard stays on. The ram I bought is on the vendors list but with a different version number.

The original 16gb stick works in any of the memory slots so I don't think they are a problem. I have tried flashing the bios to older versions but still won't post with the 8gb sticks. Anyone got any ideas please?

Sometimes when you start with say the 16gb stick alone, enable XMP.. then swap for another stick, re-enable XMP.. all the memory timings don't always get reset and you end up with that kind of bug.

When you try the 8gb set, reset all your bios settings (in bios, go to the Exit menu and "Load optimized defaults") and reboot, then enable XMP, and reboot.

That will ensure all the RAM settings are applied correctly.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...