Corsair Community

Some questions about the OG H100i Cooler in a new build.

shaky

Hi so im upgrading from my i7-4790k to a i5-10600k and I just wanted to check a few things.

I'm planning on reusing my H100i which is this one: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-H100i-Extreme-Performance-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060009-WW

however I only have the parts that i'm currently using in my LGA-1150 build, this should still be able to work on the new LGA-1200 with the same brackets/bolts etc?

Secondly, I used to use Corsair link 4 for my LED control on the cooler however in my upgraded build I will be using Corsair RGB RAM which uses iCUE software. Can I control my old H100i through this software as well, instead of using Corsair link 4?

Thanks in advance.

The mounting hardware will be the same as 115x sockets are the same dimensions as 1200.

For software, CUE 3 will not control the H100i (2013). You will still need Link for that and CUE has a provision to release control back to Link. You will need to run both, assuming the RGB RAM is new and released after Link ended. Some of the older ones work with Link.