Corsair Community

H115i Elite - Heatsink orientation

nomoss

Just put in my H115i Elite and noticed that I put the pump/heatsink on wrong. Instead of the tubes coming out the side I have the tubes coming out of the bottom. :sigh!:

Finished the build and temps are great - but I'm worried about air bubbles possibly building up in the pump.

Do I need to take it off, put fresh TMI on and reseat it properly - or is this ok?

Thanks

No immediate need to redo this. Theoretically over a longer period of time, air could find its way to that end expose the cooling fins inside the block. That would dramatically affect cooling for the CPU. More likely you accidentally create this state by moving the case one day for cleaning and you tip it forward. There is a bubble somewhere and it wind up in the pump. You would likely hear it making noise before it became a thermal problem.

You also could be perfectly fine for years. There is no imminent danger and if you were in this state now, you would get the pump gurgles and possibly higher than expected core temps. I think that puts this in the personal preference category. If you are lying awake thing about it, move it. Otherwise your choice or do what makes sense for the rest of the build.