Corsair Community

40% GPU usage in idle

KBhamm

The app uses GPU resources to render certain pages. The dashboard and the keyboard lighting layout are the big ones and it needs to render all those little graphs and keys, whereas something like the mouse tab is less than 1%. 40% is massively more than that 10% I see on the heavy tabs with a 2080 Ti and it shouldn't be much different. I am wondering if the extra is a consequence of Nvidia's ongoing issues with Ampere idle power usage. There have been several notes in the driver updates and some forum traffic as well. Edited by c-attack

Oh didnt saw that. The gpu arrived today. the problem is if icue is closed to taskbar its still 40%. Its strange. Don´t know how it was with my 2070 this morning but i just noticed it. do you think the 40% usage will be stolen from games ? or do they have a higher priority ?

If it's minimized to the task bar as an icon, it's still active. If you X it out and it retreats to the < carrot on the task bar, it should stop.

If you are playing full screen, it should stop and give full priority to game. Regardless, I never leave mine open in KB lighting or Dashboard mode if I am going to play. I can't see it anyway. This still could be an issue if you play full screen borderless and also for Gsync or VRR monitors. I would close it (not quit) under those circumstances.

Maybe we can get some other Ampere owners to add their experience. Sadly, I am not in the club.

If it's minimized to the task bar as an icon, it's still active. If you X it out and it retreats to the < carrot on the task bar, it should stop.

If you are playing full screen, it should stop and give full priority to game. Regardless, I never leave mine open in KB lighting or Dashboard mode if I am going to play. I can't see it anyway. This still could be an issue if you play full screen borderless and also for Gsync or VRR monitors. I would close it (not quit) under those circumstances.

Maybe we can get some other Ampere owners to add their experience. Sadly, I am not in the club.

No i "X ed" out and it was still that high.