Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Firmware update fail

GSXswe

Hi all!

Today iCue suggested a firmware update for me, and now my AIO is dead: FANs at full RPM, no RGB and iCue no longer recognize AIO.

Have tried many things and no luck, changed USB port, restarted service and so on... :(

Going to create a ticket now with support, but I would love to get some quick tips if someone have them... Cyberpunk 2077 is waiting. *cry*

Many thanks!

You can try powering down, removing the PSU cable from the back (or unplug at the wall), and then let it sit 5 minutes. Power back up and maybe that will force the cooler into a reset. However, given the problem happened during the firmware update, I don't have high hopes.

What you probably want to do in the interim while waiting for Corsair Support is to disconnect the radiator fans from the XT splitter and move then to the MB. The pump never stops, even if the cooler is bricked. The lighting you can live without for a bit. But the fan noise is too much. While not ideal, this will keep things tolerable. You don't need a ton of fan speed with a 360mm radiator. 750 on the low end, maybe 1300 on the high CPU temp end. If you keep the range narrow enough, the ramping up/down along with the rapid shifting CPU temps won't be too bad.

Thanks for the tip, I have already switched to a Dark Rock PRO from another system I have at home, couldn't wait... :) Will wait for support to reach out and we will see what happens. Edited by GSXswe

(SOLVED!) I finally managed to unbrick my Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT !!!

It bricked during firmware update via iCue. RGB turned off and fans went full throttle and iCue lost contact with AIO.

I'm gona give you the steps I followed and will hope that this will save someone lots of time and problems.

Start with a check that you are running the lastes iCue app version, if not install the latest then continue with the steps below:

1. Download the H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31 firmware file from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kmslc6o3ggzfpqy/CUEVQIupN3b6a9964-aaea-44be-968a-1c88e1fa4dba_temp_H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31.hex/file

(Rename it ti something shorter like: H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31.hex)

2. Restart Windows 10 in safe mode (Safe Mode: Shift + Restart in Windows, Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up Settings > Restart > F4 = Safe Mode without network).

3. Make sure none of the Corsair processes started, open Task Manager with CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and check and End Task if they are running.

4. Go to Services (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Taskmanager) -> Services -> Open Services at the bottom) and STOP/DISABLE the Corsair Services.

(3 of them total, you will need to enable them again after firmware is updated and you rebooted out of Safe Mode, then reboot again after that)

5. Go to Corsair installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\ , on my machine) and locate the following application (DO NOT OPEN IT OR RUN IT!) XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE.

6. DRAG AND DROP the .hex file from step 1 over the XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE. The app should now connect to the bootloader, and force the firmware upgrade in a CMD window.

When the flash is done the RGB will light up instantly and the fans will go to quiet mode. If you get an error during first time, do not panic! Try again,

sometimes it can take up to 3-4 attempts to get it to flash all the way.

7. Reboot into normal Windows mode and enable (automatic) all 3 services for Corsair app, then reboot again and check iCue if it can connect to AIO.

ALSO, when you want to upgrade the firmware via iCue (very risky), do it in safe mode!

Some processes interfere with the connection between the AIO and iCue (HWInfo, Steam, Logitech control app and so on)

Good luck! :-)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

It bricked during firmware update via iCue. RGB turned off and fans went full throttle and iCue lost contact with AIO.

I'm gona give you the steps I followed and will hope that this will save someone lots of time and problems.

Start with a check that you are running the lastes iCue app version, if not install the latest then continue with the steps below:

1. Download the H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31 firmware file from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kmslc6o3ggzfpqy/CUEVQIupN3b6a9964-aaea-44be-968a-1c88e1fa4dba_temp_H150_Pro_XT_V1.1.31.hex/file

2. Restart Windows 10 in safe mode (Safe Mode: Shift + Restart in Windows, Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up Settings > Restart > F4 = Safe Mode without network).

3. Make sure none of the Corsair processes started, open Task Manager with CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and check and End Task if they are running.

4. Go to Services (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Taskmanager) -> Services -> Open Services at the bottom) and STOP/DISABLE the Corsair Services.

(3 of them total, you will need to enable them again after firmware is updated and you rebooted out of Safe Mode, then reboot again after that)

5. Go to Corsair installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\ , on my machine) and locate the following application (DO NOT OPEN IT OR RUN IT!) XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE.

6. DRAG AND DROP the .hex file from step 1 over the XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE. The app should now connect to the bootloader, and force the firmware upgrade in a CMD window.

When the flash is done the RGB will light up instantly and the fans will go to quiet mode. If you get an error during first time, do not panic! Try again,

7. Reboot into normal Windows mode and enable (automatic) all 3 services for Corsair app, then reboot again and check iCue if it can connect to AIO.

ALSO, when you want to upgrade the firmware via iCue (very risky), do it in safe mode!

Some processes interfere with the connection between the AIO and iCue (HWInfo, Steam, Logitech control app and so on)

Had to make an account to say THANK YOU! I just installed my H150i yesterday, and today the update failed doing it through icue. Considering it was brand new I figured I didnt have much to lose since if this didnt work I could just exchange it with Amazon. But your steps were extremely easy and the firmware took about 25 seconds to update, first attempt. Thank you for posting this!

• 1 month later...

My 150i RGB PRO XT is a brick! UNEXCEPTABLE WHEN I GO TO UPDATE FIRMWARE FROM ICUE!

I did every step you said, in safe mode. now my 150i rgb pro xt is still like a jet engine.

It would never connect via the bootloader even in safe mode. followed all the steps. I even watched the corsair video about flashing in windows, basically the same steps you put here. Also did it not in safe mode. same problem... can't connect

any help is much appreciated.

IMPORTANT QUESTION CORSAIR! IS MY PUMP WORKING NOW!

z390 aorus master

32gb 3200 cl14

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aaaand im back in the game! Re-did the fan config in my case and then the AIO failed to update. A brief spell of following these steps whilst the jet engine attached to the rad was spinning up and its all fixed. Made an account just to say thanks!!! :laughing:

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2020 at 1:57 PM, GSXswe said:

Nice! Now where can I find firmware for H115i RGB Pro XT is beyond me. Waiting (un)patiently for reply from customer support...