Corsair Community

1 GB Flash Voyager not responding

kymation

I received a new 1 GB Flash Voyager today. I installed the utility software (under Windows 2000) and partitioned the device, then rebooted. Windows now recognizes the two partitions as "Corsair Flash Voyager USB Device". But now the utility will not run, and Windows Format silently fails. I've tried unpluging all other USB devices and have plugged the Voyager into different ports with the same result. I've rebooted with and without the device attached. Is there anything else I can try?

• Corsair Employees
Try with the USB device attached to remove what's listed for the USB device and controller and then remove the device and restart the system. Then once it installs the USB HUB connect the device and see if that solves the problem.

Done. All drivers reinstalled. I get the same result -- the system sees the drive, both partitions, and reports both partitions' size as zero. The drive cannot be read or written to.

I also tried the Voyager on an old system with a clean install of Windows 2000 (no service packs). It works fine on that box.

This one has me stumped. Any more ideas?

• Corsair Employees

We have not been able to duplicate the issue. The best I can offer would be to replace the device. However, I dont know if that will solve the problem, as it sounds like an issue with the O.S. and or system.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thanks for the offer, but I don't believe that the Voyager is the problem. From my reading (here and elsewhere) these devices either work or they fail completely. I haven't seen any mention of one that almost works. In addition, it performs just fine on two other computers, which makes the failure even more suspicious.

I'm going to do some experimenting to see if I can find the problem. I'll let you know if I do manage to fix it.

• Corsair Employees
No problem, and just a after thaught, you might check that you have the latest bios version and drivers installed on your system and or check with the MB or system maker and see if they have any other reported issues like this.

Archived