Corsair Community

LL RGB Fans Not Lighting Up

georgepolus

Hi there,

I recently built a computer with the H100i RGB Platinum (white) and picked up x3 black LL120 fans and an extra white LL120 fan. I connected these fans to a Lightning Node Core then later installed a CoPro. I took the USB Header from the Node Core and plugged it into the CoPro.

Days using my PC I noticed two fans have gone out and stopped lighting up, then I switched cases to an NZXT case, and now none of the fans are working. The Node Core and CoPro are being detected on the iCUE software, but lighting just isn't appearing.

I tested out the two fans connected to the radiator on my H100i, connecting the RGB headers to the ones that are connected to the radiator and they work, so I'm wondering if I could've ruined my Node Core or am I not using the software right? Please help. Literally just the fans not turning on ANY light - but they are spinning.

The small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub is the power source for the lighting and also part of the circuit that makes them work. The Node Pro is the software interface and likely no involved in this or you would not see it in CUE, but the fans would still default to their hardware lighting pattern and show something.

Take the 4 case LLs and try them 1 at a time in slot 1 on the RGB Lighting Hub. They work in series, so if fan 1 had a problem on LED #2, you normally don't get any lights after that. The hub is part of the circuit too, so a bad port #2 would stop things there.

Make sure your Node Pro has the lighting set-up tab set for "LL fans x 4".

I think I mis-read this the first time. You connected the case fans to the AIO RGB splitter and they lit up? Not you connected the RGB fans on the radiator to the RGB Lighting hub and they worked fine.

Edited by c-attack

• Corsair Employees
What actual products are you connecting together and how. I ask because your last reply you changed the information from using a LNP and a Hub to using a Lighting Node Core. Also did you check the iCUE software and make sure the brightness is not only turned up but that you have an actual lighting effect set to run?