Corsair Community

different fan speeds when I change profiles

datterberg

I just tried to make a custom profile for different colors, and noticed that any custom profile I make always makes my fan RPM shoot up 300+ when compared to the default profile that has rainbow wave. Even if I create a custom profile and haven't assigned any LEDs colors yet, all of my 6 QL fans immediately speed up, and then will immediately drop down when I switch back to default.

I have an h100i platinum with the 2 LLs linked to a lightning node core, and 6 QLs with linked to a separate lightning node core. Both lightning core USBs go into a commander pro.

I'm using the latest icue, 3.36.125

yuLpndH.jpg

Lau4fFE.jpg

Edited by datterberg

The Commander Pro defaults to CPU temperature for those three presets. This is not a very useful or desirable control variable, but it is also the only value every PC system is guaranteed to have. When you create a new profile, you get a CPU temp blip for a second and that is the roar you hear. You AIO is using coolant temp as the control variable and that is likely a good substitute. GPU can be a quick stand in as well and most people are familiar with their GPU temp range.

Click the + in the Performance Tab bar. A graph will appear below. In the top right corner are three shape tools that match the AIO Quiet/Balanced/Extreme presets. Selecting one is a quick way to match the other case fans to the radiator pair.

All that said, when you create a new profile you will still hear the fan blast as the new profiles will default back to CPU Temp Quiet until you change them in the new profile. There is only one workaround and something I often do anyway to save time setting up Actions/Fans that are universal to all profiles. Instead of + create new, use the Copy Profile to duplicate one that is already set up. Then go in and change the name, lighting, or whatever else is needed. The fans will all be at your programmed curves already.