Corsair Community

New H150i Cappellix Comander core dead port

Blonks

I'm building a new PC and finally received my backordered AIO.

I tested the 3 x ml120 fans outside the case with 4x ML 140 fans I intend to add via commander core (3 + 3 with the 4th to run via a lighting node ). All 6 Power connectors work but RGB Port 1 on the commander core is dead.

I have swapped fans around, uninstalled/reinstalled etc and RGB port 1 will not work and does not show up in icue - only 5 fans are visible. Also when booting the PC fan 1 does not light up, whereas the others go through a rainbow sequence.

I'm assming this is DOA but would like to know if there is anything I can try before going through a long RMA process via my UK supplier.

I need to be ready to complete my build when my 5900x finally arrives in a week or so.

Thanks

That is a problem since the Commander Core is essential for the pump to work. There aren't any magic tricks for this. You could force load the firmware, but you likely just had to do that the first time you connected the Com Core. Unlike the prior lighting devices, this one is not in series so port 1 going dead won't kill the rest.

The only other thing to be aware of is that device has some new behaviors about detection and power to the device. If you are plugging in new fans while the device is powered on, you will need to run the Auto-detect routine from the CUE settings. Presumably this is related to the individual port functionality and it doesn't send power down all 6 ports, all of the time. Same thing on the PWM side. I needed to disconnect/reconnect the SATA cable to trigger another detection run to make the Performance tab appear after connecting new fans. A system restart would have done the same.

That is a problem since the Commander Core is essential for the pump to work. There aren't any magic tricks for this. You could force load the firmware, but you likely just had to do that the first time you connected the Com Core. Unlike the prior lighting devices, this one is not in series so port 1 going dead won't kill the rest.

The only other thing to be aware of is that device has some new behaviors about detection and power to the device. If you are plugging in new fans while the device is powered on, you will need to run the Auto-detect routine from the CUE settings. Presumably this is related to the individual port functionality and it doesn't send power down all 6 ports, all of the time. Same thing on the PWM side. I needed to disconnect/reconnect the SATA cable to trigger another detection run to make the Performance tab appear after connecting new fans. A system restart would have done the same.

thanks, I tried a firmware updates, redtect etc - no luck. I have arranged a replacement and will test the pump etc to check it all lights up as required.