Corsair Community

Is there a better alternative to VS650 650W

TT54

Grandson has requested a Corsair VS650 650W - apart from knowing it needs to be modular, I have no idea about this at all - except it is very difficult to buy one here in UK. Does this mean its old and outdated or popular and just out of stock? Is there something better that I could get my grandson? I'm sorry, I have no idea about the system he is building. Be kind friends - I used to 'tinker' in days gone by - but it's all over my head now. Many thanks.:biggrin:

A couple of issues - 1) The VS series is not modular. It's one big mass of cables coming out the other end and they are not removable. Aside from general cable management/tidiness, that may eliminate any value as a very small PSU. 2) Global Supply is back into full turbulence again and PSUs seems to be hard to find across many models. I don't see much for this either except for 200% mark ups from 3rd party sellers. The main selling point on this model is price, so if that's not true in practice, there are probably better choices.

It's hard to make any specific recommendations without knowing case size constraints or power requirements, but the CX or RM series 650W PSUs are upgrades for less than the low supply inflated price on the VS. The TX series would be as well, but I am not seeing many available for retail value.