Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB - Side button has suddenly stopped working/very glitchy

Arniox

Hey all, new here.

I bought this Harpoon only about a year ago or less. It's not that old and I don't think it has reached the end of its life or that the buttons have finally died.

But for some reason the side button (labelled as 4 in the ICUE driver software) has stopped working/is very glitchy.

It sometimes works if I press it very hard but not always. Programs and games also no longer recognise when I click it.

Is there a way to tell if the button has died (run out of presses) or if it's the driver/software issue?

I have tried reinstalling ICUE so far and it has not worked.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments about this issue.

Same here. My product is Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro.

I configure a macro on one side button, the macro is for bhopping. When I use a long time this feature, iCUE stop working without errors, the program just freeze the macro repeating the action and I have to open the program (iCUE) again. Its very annoying, I am a competitive player and when this happens the gameplay completely screws me up. I'm waiting for an update, because it didn't happen before. I remember having this mouse since last Christmas and so far, it has worked perfectly without throwing any macro errors. Now I feel afraid of pressing it because the same thing always ends up happening, sooner or later. I have reinstalled the program entirely, doing a clean uninstall as the Corsair page advises me. I have tried to configure the macro in other buttons (originally used in Roulette down, activated by the first side button). If you can patch this problem I would be eternally grateful, I've been like this for about a month and a half and it's exasperating.

I thought about submitting a ticket but only find support for returns or more serious issues. This is a programming error, I think. Really, I would love a workable solution. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Disozio

• Corsair Employees

Hey guys,

Since you guys have already repaired/reinstalled iCUE, I suggest trying a reset:

1. Unplug the mouse.
  2. With the mouse unplugged, hold down the left and right mouse buttons.
  3. While holding down the mouse buttons, plug the mouse back into the computer.
  4. After around 5 seconds, release the buttons. You will see an LED flash if it resets successfully.

Hey guys,

Since you guys have already repaired/reinstalled iCUE, I suggest trying a reset:

1. Unplug the mouse.
  2. With the mouse unplugged, hold down the left and right mouse buttons.
  3. While holding down the mouse buttons, plug the mouse back into the computer.
  4. After around 5 seconds, release the buttons. You will see an LED flash if it resets successfully.

The error persists. After resetting the first time, I did it with iCUE open and it crashed again. I didn't care, thinking it was my mistake. I reset the mouse again, this time with iCUE closed and I realized that the step was correct because the dpi returned to 800 (the original ones, I have it set to 400dpi). The light was flickering as you say. After an hour of gaming, iCUE crashed again.

Any other suggestions?

I think we should wait for an update or revert to an older version of the program. Do you see this option viable?

Thank you.

Hey all, new here.

I bought this Harpoon only about a year ago or less. It's not that old and I don't think it has reached the end of its life or that the buttons have finally died.

But for some reason the side button (labelled as 4 in the ICUE driver software) has stopped working/is very glitchy.

It sometimes works if I press it very hard but not always. Programs and games also no longer recognise when I click it.

Is there a way to tell if the button has died (run out of presses) or if it's the driver/software issue?

I have tried reinstalling ICUE so far and it has not worked.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments about this issue.

Hello Arniox. I solve the issue downgrading to an older version.

In case you don't know how to download a previous version, I leave you the official link below.

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.17.94_release.msi

In my case I have opted for version 3.17, they say that 3.19 / 3.20 have high CPU usage as a fault.

As of version 3.20 I think that is where the failure comes from pressing macros and they stop working. I do not know for sure and I have not wanted to break my head. You can see for yourself, I have directly gone to a quite old version so as not to waste time.

Source of how to download old versions of the software:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194345

Greetings and thanks for your help Albert.