Corsair Community

2XMS3202 v1.1 and Shuttle SN25P

Ste_J

Firstly hello

Wondering if somebody could offer some advice, i have just bought my 25P and had a really bad time with some PQI ram which wont even post even though it test fine in other machines. So i have had to locate a change of ram and a friend has 2x512 matched of the corsair 2XMS3202 v1.1 which he is willing to swap for my PQI - he has a Asus A7N8X delux which will not run the corsair @ddr400 speeds.

So my question is

Is the 2XMS3202 v1.1 any good? i.e. nice fast ram

Shuttle state that this is compatible : Corsair 512MB PC3200 Winbond W942508CH-5 with the 25P but would the title ram work?

the only other alternative at the moment due to funding would be the Corsair TwinX, DDR, PC3200C2PT so would this be a better option over the titled ram?

The rest of my rig consist of a A64 3500 and a MSI X800XL

Thanks for any advice

These modules should run great in that system, just make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should be good to go.

No joy with the CMX512 - 3202v4.1 ... running at stock on default settings? can get it to boot on single channel but not dual, volt set to 2.7 - 2.8 and as an attempt 2.9 - timings tried 2-2-2-5 6-3-3-2.5 ?? any ideas?

My shuttle don't seem to be very happy at the moment

These modules should run great in that system, just make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should be good to go.

I wish.... default settings still will not allow my shuttle to boot! i have now set voltage to 2.8 but with dual 512 sticks i cannot get the system to even post...

No not trying to mix revs - the original question about the rev 1 was based on limited information that i had re the corsair - this was a friends ram that i was going to try. when i got to my friends house tonight i found that the rev was as detailed v4.1 matched pair.

I have tried all manner of combos with the timings / voltages tonight but this system simply won't post with both sticks in, this is strange as it will post with 2 x 512 2100?

Any ideas as at the moment i am thinking of taking the shuttle back especially since i have come across loads of people running this ram with the 25P

• Corsair Employees
Please test the modules one at a time if it will post with http://www.memtest.org. If both pass one up, but the system will not post with both modules I would check that you have the latest bios and maybe test the modules in another system to be sure. But I would try and RMA the CPU as that would suggest a problem with the memory controller.

Please test the modules one at a time if it will post with http://www.memtest.org. If both pass one up, but the system will not post with both modules I would check that you have the latest bios and maybe test the modules in another system to be sure. But I would try and RMA the CPU as that would suggest a problem with the memory controller.

Thanks for the reply but been there and done that! modules tested in another machine whilst i was sat there and both passed - single module works without flaw in my machine but as soon i you introduce 2 modules together then no post. Do you think the cpu is at fault then rather than the shuttle?

I was thinking that it was maybe the shuttle as i have tried some "value" ram in this rig with the same cpu and that ran with 2 modules no problem but as soon as you start to introduce a higher spec ram it fails? i have also had the machine tested with another A64 and some high spec ram and it failed to boot then. yet the same ram passed mem test in another machine?

Got to admit that this is driving me nuts!!!!! oh yeah i have tried all available bios version for the 25P including the performance beta vers

• Corsair Employees
That might be the system, but more than likely from your description the bios may not be new enough for the CPU you have. I think it would be a good idea to contact Shuttle and see what they have to say!

That might be the system, but more than likely from your description the bios may not be new enough for the CPU you have. I think it would be a good idea to contact Shuttle and see what they have to say!

yeah got their support number ready for the morning, they open the lines at 7am so i'll be on the phone to them first thing.

Thanks for your input

Sorted :D: Went back to my supplier and they tested my rig with various ram inc some corsair XL and each time it booted - so i guess that my friends ram was not happy in my rig and it just needed some fresh stuff.

So i bought 2x512 corsair 3200 C2PT although i couldn't get them in a twin pack but hey they were booting in my rig so i didn't care, but when i got home i realised that one module was a vers 1.1 and the other was a v4.1 - both modules work fine though and memtest was running with no errors found for over 3hrs.

Is there any great harm to running these different versions?

• Corsair Employees
It varies with MB and Chipset, but if you not getting any errors you should be fine. I would ask your reseller if they can get a Twinx set though when the can. If not; as long as there is no errors, you will be fine!

Ram Guy thanks for your input into this issue :D:

Went back to the shop today and swapped my Ram for a TwinX set of the same stuff, now working sweet as a nut and cpuz is reading the frequency as 200MHZ in both slots - before i swapped it was giving one reading of 166 and the other as 200. Happy days and thanks

Ste

Archived