Corsair Community

K70 Intermittent D Key Problem

The D key on my 4 1/2 year old Corsair K70 red LED with MX-Cherry switches is acting flaky with intermittent d's or extra d's when pressedd. <- yes that's the keyboard doing that, I'll keep typing with no edits. I was gaming and use the A andd D key to ddoddge so that's giving me a problem there too. With the current Corsair keyboards I'dd still like a mechanical gaming keyboard with a briadded cable. Looks like the newer K70 RGB MK.2 would be an option? There are cheaper mechanical Corsair keyboards with plastic chassis that ddon't look too bad but have the regular rubber USB cordd. The K70 RGB MK.2 is pricey so I'm waiting for a sale. I'd like to keep the Corsair brand since I have their Corsair M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical mouse too and wie (the d key didn't type there) mousepad.

Is there any DIY things to try? I did try removing the key cap and cleaning with compressed air andd even squirted electrical contact cleaner into the MX red cherry switch - no change. :(

Also with the iCue software it only sees my M65 Pro RGB gaming mouse and not the K70. I was wondering if a firm ware update wouldd fix things but there seems to be no way to do it via iCue at least.

Right now I'm experimenting with the Report Rate Selectable 8 ms, 4 ms, 2 ms, 1 ms, and BIOS mode switch between the braided cable and USB passthrough port. I forgot that was there.

Edited by Steve Mavronis

• 1 month later...
Not to revive an oold thread, but I am having the same issue on my 18 month old K70 Rapid-fire lw-profile. But my issue is with the "o" key. Sometimes it works fine, thers it doesnt register or double taps. Started about 2 weeks ago for me. Figured when switches would start going out it would be the WASD group. Did you ever get any resolution for your issue?