Corsair Community

Can I control 9 LL120 fans with a single Commander Pro?

Mannekino

I currently have a Commander Pro with 6 LL120 fans. I'm looking to add 3 more. I'm using one of the RGB hubs that came with the 3-pack LL120.

If I connect 3 PWM Y-splitters to PWM ports 1-3 I will have a total of 9 PWM fan headers. Then hook up a second RGB hub to for the additional RGB connectors.

Will this work?

More than 6 is not officially supported, but I've been running that many for years. Stick to dual splitters (triples are erratic) and you should be OK. That's 9 x 0.30A which is not terrible. Where you might be more concerned is if you were also running a large 5v load through the two RGB channels and you stick someplace where it picks up a lot of radiant heat (like on your PSU). The Commander can get a bit warm in the center.

I think I'm going to stick with the 6 RGB fans and the 3 others I want to add can be non-RGB. That saves me some cable hassle and the addition of a second RGB hub. The 3 extra fans will be on the side and be for intake. So the RGB won't do that much anyway and it will be obstructed from view by a front distro plate.

I think I'm going to repurpose the 3 fans of my current Corsair AIO for use as the 3 intake fans.