Corsair Community

Fan #1 Missing from Icue Software

scrigface

Hello,

I just installed my H100i Elite Capellix AIO yesterday. It works great coming from air cooling and i'm super happy with it...aside from this issue i noticed this morning.

Last night I had an issue where it had asked me to update the icue software as well as the h100i's firmware. The firmware update kept failling. After sending in an email to tech support a suggested article appeared saying if you have RGB Fusion it could cause issues (unfortunately I do). So I closed it and it updated firmware.

This morning I went to mess with some lighting effects and saw that Fan #2 and the Pump were on my profile. I looked in the case and saw only 1 fan was spinning.

Luckily, when I exit the sofware both fans spin and it just goes back to the default rainbow wave colors. Is there something I can try? Should i reinstall Icue now that the firmware is installed? Did the firmware cause the issue? Initially I saw both fans before it barked at me to do all those updates.

I shut off RGB fusion just in case and it still did it. I have HWMonitor but it is not running in the background. Any other suggestions?

Once a program like Fusion or HWiNFO gets entangled with CUE, you usually need to kill both programs (and corresponding Corsair.Services) to get it back in control. Sometimes you can get by using the restart services in the CUE settings after closing out the other.

Make sure you are using the "portable" version of HWiNFO. The 'installer' version can still cause issues even when not active from an application standpoint.

It's possible there is a physical issue with fan or controller, but there seems to be a lot going on and if it resumes spinning when you quit, hardware issue likely out.