Corsair Community

HS75 XB Low buzzing and won't power off.

CMBmovies

Hi All. I ordered the HS75 XB headset pretty much as it was announced and it came weeks before my Xbox Series X. I love the sound and how comfy it is and it's been mostly problem free - other then the crackling connection issues series x has with all headsets using it's wireless protocol - but a restart of the series x always fixes that for a day or two. I'm presuming that will be fixed with a Series X update.

So everything has been great.. until last night. When I turned on the headset and it immediately started to make a low buzzing sound from each ear. I can't turn it off and all the controls like mute, volume and power button are completely unresponsive.

Also, my xbox pad seemed frozen and wouldn't communicate with the xbox. I guess if the headset it using the same wireless protocol as the pad that makes sense as its somehow 'jamming' that connection.

I plugged in my pad to the series x and then it worked. And I completely shut the xbox off, unplugging it from the wall for 30 seconds. Hoping that would also signal the headset to turn off, which it normally does. But no luck.

I turned the series x and controller back on. But they will only pair wirelessly for a short time. When I try and turn off the xbox with the controller wireless - it looses the connection to the pad again and I have to connect it with the lead. Again, I guess because the HS75 XB is jamming the airwaves. the xbox and pad won't even pair. Holding down the pairing button on the controller and the series x does nothing with both lights blinking forever.

So that was 10hrs ago.. and I'm just waiting for the HS75 XB battery to run down. They sit on the shelf with the power light on. Buzzing away and unresponsive.

I've googled a way to hard reset it and while I can a reference to holding down the mute button for so long and then the power button to hard reset the HS70 headset. There's no mention of the HS75 XB and I tried the HS70 method and doesn't work.

I have found a reference to this issue on reddit and they said once the headset ran out of battery it powered back on fine and been working great since. As a side note there are reports of using the Corsair ICUE software to update the HS75 XB firmware can brick the headset so I'm definitely staying away from that.

So to end.. has this happened to anyone else? And presuming everything is ok once the battery runs out and I can switch them back on. Is there a way to hard reset the headphones so I can speed up this process if it happens again.

Edited by CMBmovies

This happened to me over the weekend turned my headset on and it froze and buzzed for 3 days straight at low volume. Once the battery ran out I tried charging it but now the amber light doesn't stay on until it's fully charged like it's supposed to and I noticed it doesn't get as loud anymore

Hi, thanks for the reply. The battery ran out a few hours ago and I was able to charge it then turn it back on and everything was fine. It still seems to get pretty loud. But I never had it turned up at max before so maybe I wouldn’t notice.

I did notice the amber light disappears when charging now though as you mentioned. I’m sure it used to stay on. Now when I plug it in to charge it flashes amber for a few seconds then disappears. I don’t get a solid white light to indicate it’s fully charged as mentioned elsewhere on the forum. But can’t remember if it used to do that.

A lot of people seem to have the same issues. So does that mean we should RMA them? Or is it something that a firmware update can fix?

Edited by CMBmovies

No it's supposed to turn white once it's charged. And yea same here as far as I know we're supposed to contact Corsair which I did submit a RMA and still waiting on a response and I have no idea if a firmware update can fix this nor can I find anywhere on the net whether they are even working on one if that's the case. I honestly regret buying this headset.

Support have always gotten back to me within a few days but with the thanksgiving holiday maybe things are backed up?

I contacted them about the connectivity issue with series x. Their support staff were polite and tried to be helpful but didn't seemed to be informed on the new headset and the new console it's designed for.

First they asked me to confirm the connection issue by connecting the headset to a device other than an xbox. I explained the headset only connects to an xbox has no other way to connect to another device. (I don't have a PC)

They offered me an RMA and I explained (again) my other wireless headset that worked fine with the Xbox One X also had connection issues with the Series X. So were they sure it was a headset issue?

When they replied again to confirm an RMA I mentioned I'd contacted Microsoft support and they confirmed the connectivity issue was a series X problem and were looking into it.

Corsair then replied back saying they'd spoken to the hardware team and that they suggest waiting for an update if I was happy with that. Which I am.

This freezing is something new though. I do like the headset and if the only issue now is the light doesn't come on when its fully charged I can live with that. I guess the question is will it freeze again and how often?

Hopefully new firmware will come out.

• Corsair Employee
Great to hear you were able to get in touch with our support team regarding these issues. We'll provide an update once we determine this issue is resolved and after we perform additional testing. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Hi nick. Thanks for your reply. Could you offer any input on the changes to the power light when charging we both have? Is it something we should worry about? And if the headset freezes again is there a way to reset it with a combination of button presses. Thanks.

Just turned the headset on and while there’s no low buzzing this time they are equally as unresponsive with no sound at all and no buttons on the headset working. It’s also taken out the wireless connection between my controller and the series X. The only way the controller will work is if it’s connected by the USB wire.

So now I have to wait for the power to run out on the headset again before I can even play properly. :(

Edited by CMBmovies

There isn't a button combo to hard reset it I've tried when I had the same problem of it becoming unresponsive. It's more than likely a software issue because I've had 2 other wireless headsets that use the same WiFi protocol that microsoft uses for their controllers and headsets without these issues. So we'll have to wait until Corsair gets around to fixing this problem. I just ordered another Lucidsound LS35X headset in the meantime since it's been over a week of waiting on Corsair's support team to get back to me on my RMA.

I installed ICUE on my Mac to see if I could force a firmware update but it didn’t detect the headset. But.. plugging it into my laptop has changed something. The amber light now stays on solid while it’s being charged.. so will see if it works again tomorrow.

Yea I did the same after the battery died and charged it some and then reinstalled the current update and did nothing for me with the charging situation. But as of right now it works but idk for how long since others are still having issues. And since support is so slow to respond or give us a direct answer as to whether a fix is coming via update I'm more than likely return these if they ever get back to me with my ticket or I'm just gonna sell them. It shouldn't be this difficult to talk to someone and for someone to communicate with us on whether they're working on a fix or something. I'm really disappointed because I was really excited to see a supposedly reputable PC company making peripherals for xbox.

Same. I’d live to know that a fix is being worked on or at least being looked at. I only have until the end of the month to return them. An RMA wouldn’t help as these obviously aren’t isolated incidents as the forum is full of the same issue.

Hello guys, I just wanted to buzz in. I’m having a similar issue. I was using the HS75 XB wireless headset on Friday the forth, and after I turned off my Xbox, I go to turn off the headset. When I did that, it wouldn’t turn off. There isn’t a buzzing sound, but the white light is still on. I’ve let it sit around and I hope it does soon so I can recharge it and see what happens. I’ve contacted support and got a response but the soft reset the support guy, Ray, suggested did not fix it. I really enjoyed the headset when I used it but I just want it fixed

Hello guys, I just wanted to buzz in. I’m having a similar issue. I was using the HS75 XB wireless headset on Friday the forth, and after I turned off my Xbox, I go to turn off the headset. When I did that, it wouldn’t turn off. There isn’t a buzzing sound, but the white light is still on. I’ve let it sit around and I hope it does soon so I can recharge it and see what happens. I’ve contacted support and got a response but the soft reset the support guy, Ray, suggested did not fix it. I really enjoyed the headset when I used it but I just want it fixed

Hi. Thanks for joining in. I’ve had the issue when it’s buzzing and a white light and not buzzing and a white light. If it’s anything like mine once the battery has run down you should be able to charge it and it will work. I enjoy the headset too but it’s crazy I paid £170 to play a game of “Will it work today?” every time I turn it on. I’d love to have Corsair acknowledge the issue and let us know they’re at least working on nee firmware or a fix?

Edited by CMBmovies

• Corsair Employee
Nick, or support team - can you let us know if there's a button combination to reset the HS75 XB headset when it becomes unresponsive?

Hey CMBmovies, we're actively looking into this behavior, and will provide a solution once available. There is currently no reset button combination for the HS75 XB, but we are looking into this.

Hey CMBmovies, we're actively looking into this behavior, and will provide a solution once available. There is currently no reset button combination for the HS75 XB, but we are looking into this.

That's great. Thanks for the update. It's really appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered. We've made a thread here acknowledging the HS75 XB's troubles and are doing our best to address them in a timely manner. As part of our investigation, we'd greatly appreciate for any of you to chime in on that thread by letting us know if the issues are being consistently reproduced and what the process is. Thank you.