Corsair Community

I Think I Have A Bad Part

My system will only run at half speed 1100 mhz with the Corsair CMX512-3200LLPRO 1G installed. The CPU is 3200+ 2.2g, when I replaced the memory with some PC2100 memory it runs in the proper range @ 266fsb. Also with the Corsair memory installed it keeps shuting down. What action should I take now to get this corrected? I've tried Monarch for a replacement and they redirected me to you. Can you please give me some direction on the next step to take? I've spent a butt load of money by my standards and this is one of the big ticket item that was suppose to tie everything together. Please Help

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the BIOS settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• 3 weeks later...

I received a 2GB Flash VOyager as a gift from my mother, who lives in the US (and purchased it there). She then sent it to me in New Zealand. Purchase date: March 28, 2005. I have used it for the last month with great satisfaction. However, the other day, just minutes after I was bragging to one of my colleagues about how well it worked and how much it had made my life easier, it failed. I had installed files on it that suddenly disappeared (while it was still installed in a USB-2 port in my tower.) The remove hardware safely button disappeared at this time also, as did the appearence of the drive in My COmputer. I tried rebooting, but to no avail. I then turned the tower off, removed the Voyager and placed it in my laptop's USB-2 port, where I got the message that the drive was not formatted. I was able to format it once using the Corsair software that came on a mini-disc with the Voyager but had the same experience following the formatting (ie, it appears to work well, then fails utterly). Since I have not been able to format it at all.

All systems I use (the tower at home, my laptop and my machine at work) run XP with SP2 and are all less than 1 year old and in good working order.

Distressed in New Zealand,

Cornelia Sears

Archived