Corsair Community

ICue Not controlling Second Fan with Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 240mm Liquid

Xelriel

So for a few days now i have been trying to find out why my wife's second fan is not being controlled by Default Profiles, Custom Profiles, Manual Profiles, RPM, Ect. The first fan works exactly as intended, When i change a profile, It changes along with it, The other fan however, The second one, IT will always 100% of the time from boot, Stay at 100% fan speed at around 2500RPM. I legit just spent the last few hours taking her entire system apart and making sure i know exactly where every single cable goes, Does and what not, Nothing, Waste of time, I have tired messing with everything in the ICue Software ( BTW this started AFTER she installed it ) and nothing can control the second fan, I have no idea why X_x

I have also spent a lot of time on these forums and i have yet to find a solution to fixing this, It sounds like a Jet Engine it's SO loud.

Edited by Xelriel

Standard first step is to disconnect the stuck fan from the AIO fan cable, then reconnect. Sometimes that's all it takes.

If it does not work, swap the two fans on the AIO splitter 1<->2 and see if the stuck fan travels to the other fan channel (problem with the fan) or stays on #2.

If it stays on #2 regardless of the fan connected, you can try forcing a firmware update (only Platinum/XT coolers). This was a sporadic issue a few months back but seems to have died down. CUE Settings -> AIO. Check for update, then select the "force update" option. Flashing the firmware is never 100% risk free. If you would rather contact Corsair Support you can. In the meantime, take any PWM splitter and run both fans from fan channel #1. You don't need independent control over the two radiator fans.