Corsair Community

Trouble with VS Modules

admz24

RamGuy,

I purchased a value select 2X512mb PC3200 kit and it is bad. Both sticks fail the memtest at their stock speed. I have tried different timings and voltages to no avail. I would like to RMA both sticks to Corsair.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Getting failures with both modules would suggest some other problem. Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have an epox 8RDA3+ paired with an AMD 2400XP. I have it at stock 133fsb right now, but was running it higher.

I am away from my machine right now, but I know the precharge is disabled, it is at cas2.5, 6-3-3. The voltage is at 2.77, i think. I cant think of any "performance" settings I have set.

Also, the one stick errors almost 100%. The other stick has a few errors, but more like about 20 or so during a run of memtest. It always fails at 218.0MB.....

Let me know of anything else I can do. I can also get you more detail about my settings when I am back home.

• Corsair Employee

Please try setting the memory Frequency manually to DDR333 and test the system.

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

Memory Frequency: 12500%/DDR333

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 333DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

• Corsair Employee

Let's try replacing your modules, but getting errors with both modules may suggest there is some other issue.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I borrowed a set of memory from a friend. It runs perfectly without any errors at DDR400 speed in dual channel mode.

That makes me believe it is the corsair that is faulty. I will be sending you my modules. Will let you know when they arrive.

Thanks for you assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

RamGuy,

I recieved my two replacement modules and they both tested with 0 errors. They are running fine in dual channel at their advertised speed and timings. Thanks again for your help and quick service.

Archived