Slot 3: Fan 3

Slot 4: Fan 4

Slot 5: Splitter: Fan 5 + 6

Slot 6: Splitter: Fan 7 + 8.

RGB Hub #1:

Fans RGB connectors 1 to 6 connected.

RGB Hub #2:

Fans RGB connectors 7 + 8 connected.

RGB Hubs both connected to LED channels 1 (6 fans) + LED channel 2 (2 fans) on Commander pro. All connected in order.

Fan 8 will not light up at all. Fan number 7 wouldn't either but it suddenly burst into life.

Tried to configure fans 7+8 via iCue but the fans are showing as spinning and lit up. Fan 8 is not lit up.

I did come across a very interesting point.

All of my fans have on the box 'iCue' and a paragraph stating details.

Fan 8 says on the original packaging box 'Corsair LINK' and not 'iCue'.

This is obviously an older fan. Could this cause malfunction?

Thank you in advance,

Phil.

Edit - Just to add, I've literally just built this rig yesterday. Everything was brand new.

Edited by LunaticFace
Additional info.

Take fans 7-8 and swap their position on RGB Hub #2 (port 1 <-> port 2). The lighting is serial, so if there is a break in fan 1 at LED #6, the trouble starts there. The hub is also part of the chain, so if you switch fans and the lighting is exactly the same, then the hub may be the faulting component.

Fan power is completely separate from the RGB and should have no effect on the lighting functionality. It also should not matter if this is an original 1st run LL or it was made yesterday. It's still 16 LEDs and it still should work the same way.

Take fans 7-8 and swap their position on RGB Hub #2 (port 1 <-> port 2). The lighting is serial, so if there is a break in fan 1 at LED #6, the trouble starts there. The hub is also part of the chain, so if you switch fans and the lighting is exactly the same, then the hub may be the faulting component.

Fan power is completely separate from the RGB and should have no effect on the lighting functionality. It also should not matter if this is an original 1st run LL or it was made yesterday. It's still 16 LEDs and it still should work the same way.

Hello there. Thanks for the reply!

Swapped fans 7+8 in rgb hub #2, ports 1<->2 - No joy. When swapped both wouldn't light up. Faulty fan 8 in port 1.

So as a quick test, I kept the good fan 7 in port 1 and tested port 2 with the other 6 fans from RGB hub #1.

They all lit up fine. So port 2 is functional on all 7 good fans, just not fan 8.

Pretty new to all this, sorry for the bombardment of info!

Phil.

That is the idea and I agree with the conclusion. Was that one of the LL140s? Likely from a dual pack. If the vendor is quick and easy on exchanges, that is probably the fastest resolution. If not, contact Corsair through the Support Ticket system link in the header above. They will replace the fan as well.

That is the idea and I agree with the conclusion. Was that one of the LL140s? Likely from a dual pack. If the vendor is quick and easy on exchanges, that is probably the fastest resolution. If not, contact Corsair through the Support Ticket system link in the header above. They will replace the fan as well.

It was a faulty new fan! Returned for a new one. Cheers for the replies.