Corsair Community

Newbie question

lazroun

I just bought myself a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler and 3 LL fans. I know that all of those will work on the board provided. If I wanted to add three more LL fans would that be possible/how or would it be a nightmare?

Adding 3 more LL to your existing 3 LL is as simple at it gets. You would connect both PWM and RGB wires into the remaining three slots on the Commander Core. 6 LL fans, each with speed and lighting control. Where this would be more complicated is you are not replacing the ML-Elite fans that came with the cooler and really have 9 fans to manage (6LL + 3 ML-Elite).

It’s essentially the same as the thread below, with LL instead of QL. That does not change the current management issues. If you don’t already have a Lighting Node Pro + RGB Lighting Hub for the existing LL, make sure you get a triple pack of LL120. That will have both. Regardless of how you connect fans for speed control, 6 LL will go on one Lighting Controller and the 3 ML-Elite on the other (Commander Core or LNP).

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=201547

No, all this stuff needs a USB 2 connection. The majority of people will end up needing a powered USB hub. They are relatively inexpensive, but with most boards only having 1-2 USB 2 internal ports, it's either hub or start running converter cables out the back. As you are on a X570 board, I would recommend a hub regardless. That chipset seems to have trouble with the Corsair devices. NZXT makes one that is popular with users here and there are others as well.