Corsair Community

I wanna use commander core with 9 fans.

wilgerdoom

Hello dear Corsair community. Ive got Corsair H150i Capellix and that Commander Core comes with it. Now what I wanna do is ;

I wanna get 9x Corsair QL120 fans (3 of them for radiator) and connect them all to Commander Core via 3x, 1 to 2 RGB and PWM splitter cable. I would like to know if its doable.

Best Regards

While within the edge of reason, 9 x 0.30A for 9 QL might be pushing things a bit far since it also must power the pump from the same 4.5A limit. The Com Core is an expensive and also crucial component for the AIO itself, so I would advise a larger measure of caution. Even on a regular Commander Pro, I would suggest using a powered PWM repeater to offload the motor current to a different SATA line. This will require 1 PWM header from the Com Core and most models come with 4-6-8-10 fan ports that will all run the same speed. On most set-ups you do not need individual speed control for every fan, so this is where you dump banks of three or more that will run the same speed anyway.

For RGB this isn't going to work. RGB splitters do exist, but it won't really be what you want. It will duplicate the lighting effect for both fans on the splitter. You will have fans acting like pairs. Regardless, this isn't feasible from a current standpoint and 9QL is too much for lighting current levels. You will need to get at least 1 QL "multi-pack" with the Commander Core. That will take up to 6 QL for lighting purposes. You can then split the 9 between the two controllers.

While within the edge of reason, 9 x 0.30A for 9 QL might be pushing things a bit far since it also must power the pump from the same 4.5A limit. The Com Core is an expensive and also crucial component for the AIO itself, so I would advise a larger measure of caution. Even on a regular Commander Pro, I would suggest using a powered PWM repeater to offload the motor current to a different SATA line. This will require 1 PWM header from the Com Core and most models come with 4-6-8-10 fan ports that will all run the same speed. On most set-ups you do not need individual speed control for every fan, so this is where you dump banks of three or more that will run the same speed anyway.

For RGB this isn't going to work. RGB splitters do exist, but it won't really be what you want. It will duplicate the lighting effect for both fans on the splitter. You will have fans acting like pairs. Regardless, this isn't feasible from a current standpoint and 9QL is too much for lighting current levels. You will need to get at least 1 QL "multi-pack" with the Commander Core. That will take up to 6 QL for lighting purposes. You can then split the 9 between the two controllers.

Thanks for the answer. Then I will use com core just for cpu cooler. I will get one multi pack QL for lightning node and I will get com pro for rest of the 6 fans. :feedback:

You don't really need the Commander Pro unless you need it for it's RGB channels - strips, Hydro X, or 3rd party connectors. A powered PWM hub is relatively inexpensive and will still make all of the fans connected to it controllable from the CUE software. The only drawback is those fans will all run the same speed. However, most people do have groups of fans run the same speed anyway, even when they have individual control options.

Thanks for your answer again. Ive found plenty of powered pwm hubs. In this case, ill use comm core just for my AIO, then ill use powered pwm hub for my 6 QL case fans and lightning node pro for their rgb's. Then I will have to connect fan hubs 4 pin pwm signal connector to comm core instead mobos 4 pin pwm header right?

Please say "yes" :biggrin: :[pouts:

Yes, the PWM fan hub (repeater hub) has 1 PWM control wire that leads to the box. Then there is one 1 control fan slot on the box. The PWM signal tells "fan 1" what to do. All the other fans on the PWM hub then copy what number 1 does. It's basically a larger powered splitter. When you set Commander Core port #1 to 900 rpm or a specific curve, all fans on the hub will run 900 rpm.