Corsair Community

9 Fans in PC with Elite Capellix

Zarok

Hello, so I want to use the H150i Elite Capellix and 6 other fans in my case so 9 Fans in total. The Elite Capellix comes with the new Commander Core to which I can connect up to 6 fans. Because the Commander Core only has the connector for the pump and a temp sensor besides those for the Fans and RGB fans connector I have no idea how to install the other 3 fans.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. :D:

In terms of fan motor control, most people will be well served with a PWM repeated hub connected to one of the Com Core's headers. That will cause all of the fans on the hub to run the same speed, as dictated by what you tell it in CUE. The hub needs to be SATA powered to reduce the current load on the controller. If the fans are all low enough in motor current, you might be able to use two way PWM splitters on each hub and pair them off. However, the cost of 4x splitters is going to be the same if not more than a hub, while doing nothing to decrease current load.

RGB control is a different matter and not connected to fan speed control. If all 9 fans are Corsair RGB, you will need a second RGB controller. You will have to find a way to break them up into 2 lighting groups. Usually the case and fan type will dictate that.