Corsair Community

Commander pro not showing the fans

Thorrior

Hello,

I've got a problem with the commander pro. I've got 4 QL 140 fans connected to the commander pro for RPM control. In iCue the fans do not always show up in the commander pro tab. Sometimes I can only see 2 of them, then they all appear and sometimes I can see none of them. One of them, when it appears, shows 12000 RPM. But it's not always the same fan. This seems totally random.

The fans are all spinning though. I just can't control them anymore.

Everything is connect correctly and it was working before. But I can't say when this problem occurred, because I haven't checked it for a while.

Anyone got an idea what this could be? I have rebooted the PC a few times but it didn't help. Firmware and iCue are all updated to the latest version.

The most common reason for this is conflict with another monitoring program, like HWiNFO or AIDA. This is likely to be the case if the entire "Performance Tab" disappears from the UI as opposed to the fans displaying 0 rpm or something similar. Impossible values like 12000 rpm, 12v on the 3.3v rail, and negative temperatures are another giveaway.

If you need to run both at the same time, exclude any Corsair internal devices from the monitoring in the other program. HWiNFO usually gives you a prompt when launched about this. I sometimes need to go to CUE settings and restart the Corsair service after launching HWiNFO. I have more difficulty with AIDA and both programs tend to report odd spiked values (216C, 40,000 rpm) even when Corsair hardware is disabled.

That's it. I installed HWInfo64 today because I've got a Ryzen 9 5900X since today and MSI Afterburner didn't show the clock frequency of the new CPU.

After closing HWInfo64 and restarting the iCue service I can see the fans and the correct RPM values.

Thank you so much! I thought the Commander Pro had a problem and I had to RMA it and do the cable management again :)