Corsair Community

Hi there,

I'm about to do a new PC build as my Intel 2700k rig is 9 years old as of 2 days ago! I've been lurking these forums and the wider internet for most of the year trying to get my head around RGB/ARGB as I've had no experience with this.

From what I can tell, the LED channels from the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro are the 3 pin 5v ARGB. Other things such as the Lighting Node Core, RGB Fan Hub, Commander Core output 4pin 12v RGB. Is this correct?

I've also had a look at the awesome guide that Zotty has put together and looked at a few diagrams.

From what I can tell, the below is what I will need to setup some bling in a O11 Dynamic XL (White) connecting to an Asus X570-E motherboard. I've written this diagram with the assumption that I will setup 6 fans as a push/pull on the 360 rad, I haven't fully decided I want to do this yet however want this to remain an option.

I'm hoping some of you experts can peer review this to ensure my thinking is correct. If so I hope this diagram assists others looking to setup way too many fans in their O11 Dynamic XL.

Diagram below, sorry it's a bit hectic!

ejfp3Yv.png

Hi bud, let me say you grabbed a real good case.

Your diagram is very similar to what I'm using at the moment... except for the AIO (H150i for me) and the led strips.

Here are some things I'd advice you:

1) putting 13 RGB fans in a not-so-big case makes no great sense for RGB strips to me, but maybe I'm mistaking. If you use the LS100 kit for your monitor (I'm using one), there is nothing to plug in to the CoPro's LED ports as the LED control cable is to be plugged into the external module.

2) The case comes with an RGB strip on the front, I have plugged its LED cable directly to the mobo and I'm able to control it via ASUS Aura or via iCue with the ASUS plugin enabled (in this second case the control is a bit complicated). To connect it into the CoPro you'll need a third-part cable, I have no experience in that sense.

3) 1 CoPro, 2 LNC and 1 CoCo is a lot of stuff to be crammed into this case... and the back space is not that big! if I was you, I'd try to get rid of the RGB of the 3 ML fans and to eliminate 1 LNC. Otherwise you could try to connect all AIO fans RGB cables to the CoCo, if you are not planning to set particular effects, it may work even if ML and QL have different LED numbers. But disabling ML fans' RGB should not be a great issue with the AIO mounted on top, you should not see that great difference.

4) What mobo are you planning to use? Are you sure you have 3 USB 2.0 header avaliable? If not, I'd go for a powered USB hub (the one from NZXT works great) instead of an USB splitter.

Don't know if I've read your diagram well, if you have any question... here I am! :-)

Baio

Edited by Baio
  • Like 1

There is a longer discussion about 13 fans and the O11 cases here.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=201243

1) All Corsair RGB is 5v.

2) I am assuming you will put the 360 radiator in the side panel as intake. This is the most logical place for most people without penalty. It also allows push push pull on a 30mm radiator. However, that means that one set of fans will not be visible. It would be logical not to connect the rear compartments fans to the RGB ports on the Commander Core. When you mix the QL + ML-Elite, it will force the software into a mathematical compromise to deal with the differing LED counts (QL = 35, but "16 effective" and Elite=8 LEDs). This means patterns are not going to look quite right on one set and you would also be programming as a group of 6 for several you can't see. Regardless of which set winds up being the interior visible one, connecting only the 3 QL or 3 Elite to the RGB ports will make them behave normally. This is something easily changed after installation, but it may have some bearing on the decision process. It also solves the problem of the 13th fan. You likely would have the QL on the inside and the rear QL can be added to the Com Core for control.

3) The Commander Core has no USB ports. The Commander Pro has 2. In the above diagram you need 5 USB 2 connections. You are going to need a hub. The good news is those HDD compartments in back are removable, giving you a lot more space for this stuff.

4) The case RGB strip is 5v and can be connected to a Corsair lighting channel via a 3rd party adapter. It would plug into a lighting channel on the Commander Pro, no controller device required. Also, the way the case's controller works is it shuffled between 10 or so pre-programmed modes (either patterns or solids) and then the last mode releases control to the other end of the D-RGB plug. This means you still can alternate between case mode (with the front buttons) and either MB or Corsair control.

• Like 1

... and you do not need individual fan control on all fans. You could manage everything with one commander unit by using powered PWM fan hubs, but that wouldn't help the clutter in the PSU chamber ^^'

With one CoPro and two fan hubs i already found it tight soooo... take your time to plan cable routing because it's going to be a twister :)

[...]

4) The case RGB strip is 5v and can be connected to a Corsair lighting channel via a 3rd party adapter. It would plug into a lighting channel on the Commander Pro, no controller device required. Also, the way the case's controller works is it shuffled between 10 or so pre-programmed modes (either patterns or solids) and then the last mode releases control to the other end of the D-RGB plug. This means you still can alternate between case mode (with the front buttons) and either MB or Corsair control.

Hi C-Attack,

Did you try the 3rd party adapter in your rig?

Is it one of those sold on e-Bay?

I'd like to grab one, but buying from USA and shipping to UE is a huge cost for just one cable... I'd like to know if it works for sure and how.

Thanks!

Baio