Corsair Community

Doubt whith CMX-1024C2 and CMX-512C2 in dual channel

Daniel Diplay

Hellow guy´s I´m a newbe here and I have a question:

I bought the TWINX 512-3200C2 kit and my computer is running nice, but some "hard" games like Doom3, Farcry and others that I like playing don´t run at top graphics quality whith 512MB of memory... My question is: If I buy the TWINX 1024-3200C2 kit and put it toghether whith my TWINX 512-3200C2 on my motherboard it will work whith the Dual Channel resource? (my processor: Pentium IV 3.0HT) My motherboard is a Abit IC7-MAX3 whith lastest BIOS image from the Abit, It will work in "dual-channel"??? My idea is work whith 1536MB memory using two CMX-256C2 and two CMX-512C2 toghether and maintaining the Dual-Channel, it´s very important!!!

Thank´s!!!

• Corsair Employees
You will need to match the modules revision that you now have or the system may not be stable. It may be better to just find another use for the modules you have now and just get a Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules because of chipset loading as you add more memory.

Well, how to ask for my seller to send me the new memory modules whith the same revision of my actual memory? I don´t have enought cash to buy the Twinx2048-3200C2, and I need more memory than 1024MB for now. If I can´t use the TWINX1024-3200C2 unhappily I will own other TWINX512-3200C2 to work whith my current and stop in max 1024MB of memory (max 4 banks in the motherboard).

Thank´s again!

• Corsair Employees
O.K. no problem, and FYI the modules you have now will only support Cass 2.0 or Cass 2.5. So you might try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and set the memory Freq manually to DDR400 when you get the new modules. And you can use http://www.memtest.org to test your system.

Archived