Corsair Community

Multiple Sticks of Bad Ram

Meives

I purchased 4 sticks of corsair CMX512-3200LLPRO about a year ago, and my computer has been giving me memory errors with Windows XP during heavy usage as well as while gaming, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it.

I ran Memtest and Microsoft's ram tester and had a very high number of errors in during both tests...In order to receive an RMA from Corsair I needed to post here first...

System Info:

Mobo: Lanparty 875B Pro

Ram: Corsair CMX512-3200LLPRO

Gfx: Radeon x800 256MB

CPU: P4 Extreme 3.2 Ghz...OC'd to 3.7Ghz

...The whole system is water cooled to 35 degrees celsius so overclocking is the problem. I've changed the processor and ram to the most conservative settings possible and have had the same results...I'm positive it's bad ram, I just need a postID. Thank you for your time! :):

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

What is the revision of each stick? Did you test one stick at a time in the same slot? Are any of them a TwinX pack?

if the revision is what is on the upper right hand side of the warranty hologram sticker, it says:

XMS3205v1.1

I believe that I bought two TwinX packs of the cards. And yes, I checked them one by one but I'm going to do it again after I double check the performance settings in bios.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

MB: DFI Lanparty PRO875b

800MHz bus

CPU: Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Extreme Edition

The CPU is set to run at 3.5Ghz right now, but I've had the same problem when I tone down the speed back to 3.2Ghz. I have everything set to the safest settings possible. I'll check again when I make it back to my house, as I'm visiting my parents right now.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I really doubt you will be able to over clock your system. I would suggest you set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and test the system with http://www.memtest.org and leave the CPU at default settings. If you still get errors please try and relax the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 as well.

Archived